The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JourneyToSuccess
Oh my! That's fantastic!! You must be thrilled with those results, congratulations. :h: :congrats:

Thank you so much! :smile:

Original post by MezmorisedPotato
Awesome, I got the same except from having an extra subject! You should be proud :biggrin:

Well done to you!! And thank you :smile:

Original post by nisha.sri
Well done !!! :h: I did quite bad tbh 3A* 2A 6B's :colonhash: So annoyed at the amount of B's

That's not bad at all! And thank you. Have you enrolled at college?

Original post by Jitesh
Well done!

Thank you

Original post by sahra30013
Wow well done!! You're hard work paid off!

Thank you - I'm quite pleased with it all

Original post by Littleone2000
I got 11 A*s and an A in AS maths😊Well done everyone, it's all over!

WOW! Those are amazing - huge congratulations!! :biggrin:

Original post by Littleone2000
Well done to you too, thank you to you and Zoe for everything you put into the thread during exams it really helped! I couldn't talk towards the end of exams as I became really ill with tonsillitis (probably not helped by stress) but it really kept me on track

Thank you and I'm glad this thread helped you. It wasn't necessarily about the grades for me, but more the fact that I could help others out :smile: I hope your health has cleared up since exams :smile:

Original post by ?Hannah
Well done everyone, you have all achieved fantastic grades!! I am now nervous that I won't be able to perform as well when I go into year eleven next year! Do you guys have any advice for me? X

Thank you Hannah and honestly don't worry. It sounds like you hav the drive and motivation to do well andn that is all that counts. The best advice I can give you is to do a bit of revision everyday, just so you start to rebuild that habit, and gradually increase the amount as exams approach (including for mocks and practice tests) as that will get you into a routine and ready for the real thing.

Original post by starstudent7
I just got my results and I have 5A*s, 4 As and 2Bs:smile: I got the Bs in Lit and French:redface:

Well done!! Are you happy with them? :smile:

Original post by starstudent7
That is really good, well done!:smile:

Thank you :smile:

Original post by NiamhM1801
Wowee!! Those are such phenomenal grades - you should be so so proud!! :biggrin:

Aw thank you - I would have liked a clean sweep but I'm happy all the same :smile:

Original post by Afro Tail
Results in ---10A*s out of the 10 GCSEs I took. I'm proud of myself, relieved. :smile:

That is just amazing! Simply amazing - how do you do it?? You have every right to be proud of yourself and I think we are all relieved! :biggrin:
No I dont mind at all!
I got 7A*s, 1A, 2Bs and a D :colondollar:

Amazing - are you happy with them and have you got onto your course? :biggrin:
Original post by brainzistheword
Thank you so much! :smile:

That's not bad at all! And thank you. Have you enrolled at college?

Yep I will tomorrow you ?
Amazing - are you happy with them and have you got onto your course? :biggrin:

Thank you - yeah I'm buzzing with them all except the D, I'm especially happy about the 2 Bs because they're for both Englishes and those are what I struggled with most.
Yep, got A*s in the 3 subjects I'm doing so I'm sorted! :biggrin:
Original post by nisha.sri
Well done !
Thanks a lot!
That is just amazing! Simply amazing - how do you do it?? You have every right to be proud of yourself and I think we are all relieved! :biggrin:
Thanks a lot!

how do you do it??
I guess here I should say: numerous past papers balanced with thorough note-taking, which is probably true for 9 of my grades.But for my 10th, I don't know how I clinched the result, I had to get 78+/80 to get the grade because of bad coursework!
Thank you - yeah I'm buzzing with them all except the D, I'm especially happy about the 2 Bs because they're for both Englishes and those are what I struggled with most.
Yep, got A*s in the 3 subjects I'm doing so I'm sorted! :biggrin:

Well then, what more can you ask for. I'm really pleased for you and hope everything goes well with your A-levels :smile:
Thanks a lot!
Thanks a lot!

I guess here I should say: numerous past papers balanced with thorough note-taking, which is probably true for 9 of my grades.But for my 10th, I don't know how I clinched the result, I had to get 78+/80 to get the grade because of bad coursework!

You must be a really effective studier and it certainly paid off. What is next for you then, and how do you plan to celebrate?
You must be a really effective studier and it certainly paid off. What is next for you then, and how do you plan to celebrate?

I surpassed the entry requirements to get into the Sixth Form College I wanted :h: . I'll take Maths, Further, Design Technology and Physics in the hope of going into Engineering.Celebrate, probably just a takeaway for now - I haven't really decided! :biggrin: Made a decision on whether you'll do A-Levels or an Apprenticeship yet?
I surpassed the entry requirements to get into the Sixth Form College I wanted :h: . I'll take Maths, Further, Design Technology and Physics in the hope of going into Engineering.Celebrate, probably just a takeaway for now - I haven't really decided! :biggrin: Made a decision on whether you'll do A-Levels or an Apprenticeship yet?

Ooh Engineering - music to my ears! I've just had a takeaway, so enjoy yours if you have one :smile:

I think I'm going for the Apprenticeship now :smile:
Ooh Engineering - music to my ears! I've just had a takeaway, so enjoy yours if you have one :smile:

I think I'm going for the Apprenticeship now :smile:

Good luck on your Apprenticeship, I'm sure you'll do fantastic! You made a really motivational and helpful thread here, the daily milestones really boosted the efforts of me and other TSR users.
Reply 6090
Well done everyone !
Good luck on your Apprenticeship, I'm sure you'll do fantastic! You made a really motivational and helpful thread here, the daily milestones really boosted the efforts of me and other TSR users.

Thank you - I hope I've made the right choice. I'm glad that others have found this useful, and who knows, I might do one for A-levels some day (whilst in the Apprenticeship) and hopefully my blog/website I started will get off the ground and prove just as useful as this has :smile:

Original post by MBFP
Well done everyone !

Thank you :smile:
RESULTS, RESULTS, RESULTS
So here's what you've all be waiting for...a breakdown of all my results.

Maths: A*
English Language: A*
English Literature: A*
Physics: A* (Phew!!)
Biology: A* (miracle)
Chemistry: A*
History: A*
German: A* (How?)
Geography: A (disappointed, but possibly remarking it)
ICT: D2 = A (not bad considering it was done on half the time...actually, a quarter of the time)

Overall, I'm pretty happy as I think I was the highest in the school, although I'm not sure as there were some pretty high performers. Can't help admitting I'm a little gutted with Geography, but considering I had been getting Bs prior to the mocks when I started this thread, I've improved to an A (and I'm 2 marks off A*) so it's relatively pleasing. I hope everyone got the grades they wanted and deserved and I'd like to ssay that making this thread has been an absolute pleasure.

Just because I know that these were lost in a really early post, if anyone wants to access the flashcards I made for my subjects (for example, any new Year 11 or 10s wanting to get a head start) feel free to use them here: https://www.brainscape.com/packs/6874189/invitation?referrer=1904487 and then go to my profile to find other subjects. I don't see why they should go to waste :smile:

These results lead me on to the next stage, which I have decided will be an Apprenticeship in Engineering (although I am not ruling A-levels out) and if anyone has any advice then feel free to share it. If there is enough to document, then I will make another thread to track my progress through the apprenticeship. But until then, thank you all for being so supportive and sharing in this journey, hopefully it has proved helpful and I can definitely say I've enjoyed being a part of it.

Good luck to everyone in their future studies or chosen careers and I'm always keen to hear how you are all getting on so do drop me a PM from time to time :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
RESULTS, RESULTS, RESULTS
So here's what you've all be waiting for...a breakdown of all my results.

Maths: A*
English Language: A*
English Literature: A*
Physics: A* (Phew!!)
Biology: A* (miracle)
Chemistry: A*
History: A*
German: A* (How?)
Geography: A (disappointed, but possibly remarking it)
ICT: D2 = A (not bad considering it was done on half the time...actually, a quarter of the time)

Overall, I'm pretty happy as I think I was the highest in the school, although I'm not sure as there were some pretty high performers. Can't help admitting I'm a little gutted with Geography, but considering I had been getting Bs prior to the mocks when I started this thread, I've improved to an A (and I'm 2 marks off A*) so it's relatively pleasing. I hope everyone got the grades they wanted and deserved and I'd like to ssay that making this thread has been an absolute pleasure.

Just because I know that these were lost in a really early post, if anyone wants to access the flashcards I made for my subjects (for example, any new Year 11 or 10s wanting to get a head start) feel free to use them here: https://www.brainscape.com/packs/6874189/invitation?referrer=1904487 and then go to my profile to find other subjects. I don't see why they should go to waste :smile:

These results lead me on to the next stage, which I have decided will be an Apprenticeship in Engineering (although I am not ruling A-levels out) and if anyone has any advice then feel free to share it. If there is enough to document, then I will make another thread to track my progress through the apprenticeship. But until then, thank you all for being so supportive and sharing in this journey, hopefully it has proved helpful and I can definitely say I've enjoyed being a part of it.

Good luck to everyone in their future studies or chosen careers and I'm always keen to hear how you are all getting on so do drop me a PM from time to time :smile:

Well done on the great results, you've worked really hard. I'd definitely get Geography remarked as the subjectiveness can sometimes salvage you some marks. I'm kinda interested in why you have taken the apprenticeship route instead of A levels for the time being so I'd love to hear more! Anyway I wish you the best for the next level of your education and maybe we can help each other reach our goals! :smile::biggrin:
Well done on the great results, you've worked really hard. I'd definitely get Geography remarked as the subjectiveness can sometimes salvage you some marks. I'm kinda interested in why you have taken the apprenticeship route instead of A levels for the time being so I'd love to hear more! Anyway I wish you the best for the next level of your education and maybe we can help each other reach our goals! :smile::biggrin:

Thank you! Yes, I'm letting the teachers handle all that, as i have no idea where to start.

I think my main reasons for the apprenticeship is that I'll be earning, so I can save it up whilst I have little to pay out for and I learn an actual trade in the real world, rather than being cocooned in a bubble of educated, with no knowledge of how things like pensions, taxes and sustaining yourself with more responsibilities works. I also think that independence is a key factor. I think I'm going to look at getting A levels in Maths and Further Maths during the Apprenticeship just to keep my brain ticking over, and give me a good chance of getting to uni which is where I ultimately want to end up :smile: What do you think? :biggrin:
Thank you! Yes, I'm letting the teachers handle all that, as i have no idea where to start.

I think my main reasons for the apprenticeship is that I'll be earning, so I can save it up whilst I have little to pay out for and I learn an actual trade in the real world, rather than being cocooned in a bubble of educated, with no knowledge of how things like pensions, taxes and sustaining yourself with more responsibilities works. I also think that independence is a key factor. I think I'm going to look at getting A levels in Maths and Further Maths during the Apprenticeship just to keep my brain ticking over, and give me a good chance of getting to uni which is where I ultimately want to end up :smile: What do you think? :biggrin:

I think the fact you can earn money while working can actually work well in the long term since if you want to end up in University, clearing up the debts would be much easier. However, if you are considering doing an apprenticeship while doing 2 A levels, then the workload would be much higher since working would mean you'd have less time to dedicate to these subjects? It would need a lot of organising and time management! :biggrin:But I'm sure you'll find a way of doing so. How did or plan to celebrate? :smile:
Impressing results
Well done
Did u use those flashcards to get a* in biology or other subjects too? Thank you for sharing them? Any chance you have found your a* essays for English and history?
What did u do to revise for English?

Posted from TSR Mobile
H how do I get access to your account? What's ur profile name ? How many subjects did u make it for? Can only learn from your end though u r doing ocr and I am doing aqa? Sorry for a lot of questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think the fact you can earn money while working can actually work well in the long term since if you want to end up in University, clearing up the debts would be much easier. However, if you are considering doing an apprenticeship while doing 2 A levels, then the workload would be much higher since working would mean you'd have less time to dedicate to these subjects? It would need a lot of organising and time management! :biggrin:But I'm sure you'll find a way of doing so. How did or plan to celebrate? :smile:

Yes that's definitely a bonus! But yes I know what you mean in terms of the workload, but we will have to see what happens... And yes I'd have less time but surely that could be an advantage as well?

I celebrated with a Chinese takeaway. How about yourself? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending