The Student Room Group

What courses could I do at University with these A levels?

I received my GCSE results yesterday and I got an A* in Art and Design, A in my Core Science, B in my Additional Science, B in my Chemistry (I did further science in secondary school), B in Religious Studies, A in History and a C in Maths. I'm very pleased with my results and I went to enrol to do A level Maths, Biology and Chemistry but I wasn't able to qualify to study them as I needed at least a B in Maths. I decided to change my A levels to Biology, English Combined (both literature and language), Psychology and Sociology (as my AS level). I was wondering whether those A levels are any good or useful and I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what kind of jobs and degrees I could get with those A levels. I'm pretty disappointed that I couldn't do Chemistry at A level because all of the University courses that I'm interested in need both Biology and Chemistry. I don't really care for Maths and I don't want to be a doctor in any way, but I think I do want to work in medicine in some way or maybe be a therapist. I'm not entirely sure what I want to study, but what are my options in both careers and degrees with the A levels that I'm going to study? Thank you.
Original post by Ellie'x
I received my GCSE results yesterday and I got an A* in Art and Design, A in my Core Science, B in my Additional Science, B in my Chemistry (I did further science in secondary school), B in Religious Studies, A in History and a C in Maths. I'm very pleased with my results and I went to enrol to do A level Maths, Biology and Chemistry but I wasn't able to qualify to study them as I needed at least a B in Maths. I decided to change my A levels to Biology, English Combined (both literature and language), Psychology and Sociology (as my AS level). I was wondering whether those A levels are any good or useful and I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what kind of jobs and degrees I could get with those A levels. I'm pretty disappointed that I couldn't do Chemistry at A level because all of the University courses that I'm interested in need both Biology and Chemistry. I don't really care for Maths and I don't want to be a doctor in any way, but I think I do want to work in medicine in some way or maybe be a therapist. I'm not entirely sure what I want to study, but what are my options in both careers and degrees with the A levels that I'm going to study? Thank you.

This website is a really good place to start for figuring out what you might be able to do with your A-Levels. Good luck!
Original post by Ellie'x

That's a really good mix of A Levels. I would have thought that most Uni courses would be open to you with them. (Can't completely say I'm a musician) College always told me to check the UCAS website for courses as they state all the courses entry requirements on one site so I would suggest looking through that if I was you. Good luck hope you are able to find the course you want to study!!
Reply 3
Thank you so much for the advice. That makes me feel so much better!

Quick Reply

Latest