The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Can I get into Imperial

Plz no rude/ sarcastic replies, cant find much on their website.

I have read a lot on here that Imperial do look at GCSE's a lot.

I want to go to imperial to study either some sort of engineering but more likely, Chemistry.

At GCSE I got;
Maths A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Biology A*
English Language A*
English Literature A (awaiting remark)
Geography A
Art A
Latin A
French A

and FSMQ A

I was quite dissapointed because I really want to have the best chance to get into imperial. Will they care about an A in Latin and Art for science courses?

For A level I'm doing
Further Maths
Maths
Physics
Chemistry

Im not bragging b4 people say that I just really need advice. If I work really hard a A level and can get between A*AA and A*A*A, do you think I can make it?

Also for imperial, is it worth doing EPQ, a gold crest award, or maybe STEM???
thanks in advance

EDIT: Also I have seen someone saying he average ucas acceptance is 540, what would that equate to on the new tariff??
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by perks23

I want to go to imperial to study either some sort of engineering but more likely, Chemistry.

At GCSE I got;
Maths A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Biology A*
English Language A*
Geography A
Art A
Latin A
French A

and FSMQ A

I was quite dissapointed because I really want to have the best chance to get into imperial. Will they care about an A in Latin and Art for science courses?

For A level I'm doing
Further Maths
Maths
Physics
Chemistry

Im not bragging b4 people say that I just really need advice. If I work really hard a A level and can get between A*AA and A*A*A, do you think I can make it?

thanks in advance

Your GCSEs are more than adequate and the other part is a no brainier!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by timster32
Your GCSEs are more than adequate and the other part is a no brainier!

Okay, thanks for the reply. DO you think an EPQ is worth it? I am already going to do STEm this year, so hopefully! Also would work experience help my case or make no difference?
Original post by perks23
Okay, thanks for the reply. DO you think an EPQ is worth it? I am already going to do STEm this year, so hopefully! Also would work experience help my case or make no difference?

Your doing four alevels soo it's not vital and work experience in engineering is pretty much impossible so stick to doing STEM and EES and try to do Headstart and small piece and stuff like that. Work experience would look very good though.
Ill be starting chemistry at Imperial in October. Those look fine! Your A levels are a great choice as well. Just get good AS grades and good predictions and you'll be great. PM me for any more qns
Original post by timster32
Your doing four alevels soo it's not vital and work experience in engineering is pretty much impossible so stick to doing STEM and EES and try to do Headstart and small piece and stuff like that. Work experience would look very good though.

Ahhh great thanks! I will do some work experience in Chemistry at Oxford Uni (If they accept me, just applied lol:P), maybe see if my school has any contacts for engineering.
Original post by longsightdon
Ill be starting chemistry at Imperial in October. Those look fine! Your A levels are a great choice as well. Just get good AS grades and good predictions and you'll be great. PM me for any more qns

Thanks, thats really helpful thanks! Enjoy it!
Original post by AvogadrosAvocado

I think EPQ is worth it especially if you can do it around a career you would like to do or an area of interest
Reply 8
Original post by AvogadrosAvocado

At GCSE I got;
Maths A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Biology A*
English Language A*
Geography A
Art A
Latin A
French A

and FSMQ A

For A level I'm doing
Further Maths
Maths
Physics
Chemistry

thanks in advance

EDIT: Also I have seen someone saying he average ucas acceptance is 540, what would that equate to on the new tariff??

You have about the same chance as everyone else.
Now focus on what you want to study and why.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending