The Student Room Group

Resit Grades and Help

Hi Guys, I just got my Results and they were really bad, C ( maths) E (further Maths) E(Critical Thinking). I also do Physics and Chemistry, which are both linear, and I have done exams for their predicted grades both of which are A*. Now I am dropping F Maths and conitiuing with Maths. Throughout my entire year I have been getting A's in both Maths and Further Maths but did really badly in both. I am doing 2 resits in my maths, but for my UCAS I have to put my predicted grades. Is it possible to put like a Resit Predicted grade as A*,A*, C does not look good for engineering. I am also thinking about redoing Completely AS Level Further Maths, because I know I can do much better than an E!

So yeah my question is can I put a resit predicted Grade on UCAS?
I want to apply to cambridge and Imperial and stuff like that, and I have been looking towards that area. Cambridge said they are happy for some resits as long as the other grades are good which I think makes up for my Physics and Chemistry.

So yeah my question is can I put a resit predicted Grade on UCAS or how will I say to universities that I am resitting Maths and possibly Further Maths. Based on my previous exams during Year 12 I have done really well in both subject and actually had a bad day :frown:

Please help!
Reply 1
Original post by Hgdfu
Hi Guys, I just got my Results and they were really bad, C ( maths) E (further Maths) E(Critical Thinking). I also do Physics and Chemistry, which are both linear, and I have done exams for their predicted grades both of which are A*. Now I am dropping F Maths and conitiuing with Maths. Throughout my entire year I have been getting A's in both Maths and Further Maths but did really badly in both. I am doing 2 resits in my maths, but for my UCAS I have to put my predicted grades. Is it possible to put like a Resit Predicted grade as A*,A*, C does not look good for engineering. I am also thinking about redoing Completely AS Level Further Maths, because I know I can do much better than an E!

So yeah my question is can I put a resit predicted Grade on UCAS?
I want to apply to cambridge and Imperial and stuff like that, and I have been looking towards that area. Cambridge said they are happy for some resits as long as the other grades are good which I think makes up for my Physics and Chemistry.

So yeah my question is can I put a resit predicted Grade on UCAS or how will I say to universities that I am resitting Maths and possibly Further Maths. Based on my previous exams during Year 12 I have done really well in both subject and actually had a bad day :frown:

Please help!

You can't hide the grades that you have received. Under 'Education', when inputting your AS grades, you have to put the grades that you already have received.
Then when you're inputting grades for your A2 qualification, you put in the grades of the units you're not resitting, but you put the grades of the 2 units you are resitting as 'pending'.

You can't really put predicted resit grades in, because they're not definite and gives the uni a false image of where you are currently at.

The universities will know you are resitting when they see that under your AS, you have received a grade for your unit, but under A2, the grade becomes 'pending'.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thank you so much! Do you think I can still apply to the following universities. 1.Cambridge 2.Imperial College 3.Bath 4.Loughborough 5.Bristol/Surrey/Southampton Please also could I have advice as to how to apply with the grades I got. A*-Physics A*-Chemistry C-Maths (Retaking 2 Modules with c1 have 96 UMS) I might not apply to Imperial however as they dont mention anything about resits but Cambridge did say that they dont mind resits as long as the other 2 subjects are good.
Original post by Haamoo7
You can't hide the grades that you have received. Under 'Education', when inputting your AS grades, you have to put the grades that you already have received.
Then when you're inputting grades for your A2 qualification, you put in the grades of the units you're not resitting, but you put the grades of the 2 units you are resitting as 'pending'.

You can't really put predicted resit grades in, because they're not definite and gives the uni a false image of where you are currently at.

The universities will know you are resitting when they see that under your AS, you have received a grade for your unit, but under A2, the grade becomes 'pending'.
Reply 3
Original post by Hgdfu
Thank you so much! Do you think I can still apply to the following universities. 1.Cambridge 2.Imperial College 3.Bath 4.Loughborough 5.Bristol/Surrey/Southampton Please also could I have advice as to how to apply with the grades I got. A*-Physics A*-Chemistry C-Maths (Retaking 2 Modules with c1 have 96 UMS) I might not apply to Imperial however as they dont mention anything about resits but Cambridge did say that they dont mind resits as long as the other 2 subjects are good.

It depends on the predicted grades your teachers give you for maths. From what I understand your AS results are A*A*C. If your teachers give you predicted grades of A*A*A, then you'll be fine to apply to pretty much any uni. If they predict you A*A*B, then it may be a little harder to be a competitive application for the more prestigious unis.

Also, bear in mind that for Cambridge, UMS is quite important, and that the average successful applicant usually has an average ums of 95%+.

Regarding your uni choices, pretty much all of your unis (except for Surrey) have high entry requirements for engineering (I checked for Mechanical Engineering). Their entry requirement ranges from A*A*A to A*AA, with the exception of Surrey which has an entry requirement of AAA-AAB.

A good idea would be to have 1 ‘high’, 3 ‘medium’, and 1 ‘low’ or 2 'high', 2 'medium' and 1 'low'. You pretty much have 4 'high' and 1 'medium' for your potential unis right now (comparing the entry requirements to your AS grades) which is quite risky.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi yes Thank you so much for your help. Yeah I just had a really bad month that time. My AS result was a C but will the teachers give your predicted grades then? I am very new to this
Original post by Haamoo7
It depends on the predicted grades your teachers give you for maths. From what I understand your AS results are A*A*C. If your teachers give you predicted grades of A*A*A, then you'll be fine to apply to pretty much any uni. If they predict you A*A*B, then it may be a little harder to be a competitive application for the more prestigious unis.

Also, bear in mind that for Cambridge, UMS is quite important, and that the average successful applicant usually has an average ums of 95%+.

Regarding your uni choices, pretty much all of your unis (except for Surrey) have high entry requirements for engineering (I checked for Mechanical Engineering). Their entry requirement ranges from A*A*A to A*AA, with the exception of Surrey which has an entry requirement of AAA-AAB.

A good idea would be to have 1 ‘high’, 3 ‘medium’, and 1 ‘low’ or 2 'high', 2 'medium' and 1 'low'. You pretty much have 4 'high' and 1 'medium' for your potential unis right now (comparing the entry requirements to your AS grades) which is quite risky.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending