The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by veganavb
aw you did well!! I got (I know I haven't been here for agees idk if anyone remember me haha)
1 A* 4 A's a few B's and 1 C

I am remarking the B's and C becuase the results of each exam where f'd up: a in human geog, e in physical. ANd english lol was expecting A*s , in Lit got 1 A* in the books paper, then a D in poetry :'D omg haha

anyway I am so proud of everyone I am doing biology, chemistry and maths next year and I have got into a Grammar school haha

Thank you but i could have done better :smile:
Well done you !
Same I'm doing Biology,Chem,Maths and Economics and just like you I got into a grammar school too !! :h:
Original post by brainzistheword
Hi Jamie, it's been a while! :smile:

Well done on those grades! You should be really pleased with them!

Good luck with your A-levels and getting into medicine, I'm sure you'll be great. I'm glad the thread has helped you and I look forward to seeing your next year! :biggrin:

Thankyou, I'm really going to have to slog it out to over the next two years but hopefully it will all be worthwhile
Original post by veganavb
aw you did well!! I got (I know I haven't been here for agees idk if anyone remember me haha)
1 A* 4 A's a few B's and 1 C

I am remarking the B's and C becuase the results of each exam where f'd up: a in human geog, e in physical. ANd english lol was expecting A*s , in Lit got 1 A* in the books paper, then a D in poetry :'D omg haha

anyway I am so proud of everyone I am doing biology, chemistry and maths next year and I have got into a Grammar school haha

Hi you! It has been so long!! But I remember you - and well done on your results!

Good luck with your A-levels and congrats on getting into a grammar school :smile:

Original post by jamierogers21
Thankyou, I'm really going to have to slog it out to over the next two years but hopefully it will all be worthwhile

It will definitely be worthwhile if you get onto the uni degree you want to :smile: Good luck :biggrin:
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Sorry. I know this might be a stupid question but what does 'apt' mean and may I also ask what A level grades this man received? I really appreciate your response. Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

'Apt' essentially means suitable or adequate. The student in question received the following in A-Level:

Mathematics: A*
Further Mathematics: A
Economics: A
Physics: A

Rather surprising that he did not receive an A* in further maths (despite this being a requirement) yet still was accepted in.
Original post by Redcoats
'Apt' essentially means suitable or adequate. The student in question received the following in A-Level:

Mathematics: A*
Further Mathematics: A
Economics: A
Physics: A

Rather surprising that he did not receive an A* in further maths (despite this being a requirement) yet still was accepted in.

Was he flagged by the university and did he have any extenuating circumstances ? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hello everyone,
i (obviously) haven't done my GCSEs yet, therefore i didn't get any results back. 😂 therefore, i still have absolutely no official examination qualifications whatsoever! 😂
i say, well done again to everyone! i look forward to finding out about/following your A Level studies! good luck!

hannah xo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NiamhM1801
No I dont mind at all!
I got 7A*s, 1A, 2Bs and a D :colondollar:

OMG TWINS! Got the same results except for the D. What a coincidence.
11 A*. Really pleased

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A*/100% Man
11 A*. Really pleased

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woweee really well done :smile:
11 A*. Really pleased

Posted from TSR Mobile

that is absolutely brilliant, well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woweee really well done :smile:

Thank you. How did you do?
11 A*. Really pleased

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done, great set of results :smile:
Reply 6132
I got 5A*s 5As and a merit in IT 🎉
Thank you. How did you do?

No problem. I got 8A*s and 2As (well a Distinction in IT and an A) :smile:

Original post by Lula'
I got 5A*s 5As and a merit in IT 🎉

Well done! :biggrin:
No problem. I got 8A*s and 2As (well a Distinction in IT and an A) :smile:

Well done! :biggrin:

Is a Distinction the highest grade you can receive in IT?

If so (and taking a DIstinction to be equivalent to an A*), did you not achieve 9A*s and 1A?

If so (and taking a DIstinction to be equivalent to an A*), did you not achieve 9A*s and 1A?

I think you can get Distiction* (correct me if I'm wrong) which is equivalent to an A*

Original post by NiamhM1801
I think you can get Distiction* (correct me if I'm wrong) which is equivalent to an A*

Unfortunately a distinction isn't the highest, it is a distinction* as @NiamhM1801 says :smile:
Unfortunately a distinction isn't the highest, it is a distinction* as @NiamhM1801 says :smile:

Understood, though let me address your choice of the word, "Unfortunately"; you've done exceptionally well in your GCSEs, and a distinction in IT is exactly that: a 'distinction' as in above the average and being excellent thereof. Had I taken IT, I'm rather sure I too would not have achieved the frankly unnecessary grade of a distinction*.
Understood, though let me address your choice of the word, "Unfortunately"; you've done exceptionally well in your GCSEs, and a distinction in IT is exactly that: a 'distinction' as in above the average and being excellent thereof. Had I taken IT, I'm rather sure I too would not have achieved the frankly unnecessary grade of a distinction*.

Have you done Business Studies or anyone you know who done Business Studies?:wink::colondollar:xD

I suppose, although when the opportunity is there to get the best grades, I see little reason why it cannot be achieved .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending