The Student Room Group

I'm in serious need of advice. Please.

So I got BBD in my Alevels. English lit, business and politics. Not the best but not the worst. I was planning to study business management at Queens university Belfast but didn't get in. I was accepted into John moores in Liverpool though to do the same course. At the time was excited but now, most of my friends are going to queens of other unis and I feel inferior. I'm quite insecure and take things r heart and the thought of going to a "bad" uni really worries me. My mum and dad have paid for my accommodation and have flights booked but I'm just worried I'm going to a bad uni, won't get a job and should repeat to get what I initially went for. So confused and really depressed.
Reply 1
Hey, my advice is to check out the uni and their business management program just to suppress the doubt a little.

When I started Pre-U, many made me feel little because the college I was studying in wasn't popular for their A levels program.
It took time for me to diminish my insecure feelings but when class begun, my lecturers were very involved and devoted to my academic progress. Soon after, other opinions didn't matter anymore.
So, I understand the whole inferior feeling thing but look at the bright side, a door may have closed but another opened. And that's your opportunity right there!

Just make the best of it and work hard for your future. nothing ever comes easy, anyway.
Many students don't have a chance like yours and have to retake papers, you know?
Maybe talk to your parents about how you feel? More often than not they only want the best for you.
:smile:

All the best for your future endeavors!
Original post by keziah_v
Hey, my advice is to check out the uni and their business management program just to suppress the doubt a little.

When I started Pre-U, many made me feel little because the college I was studying in wasn't popular for their A levels program.
It took time for me to diminish my insecure feelings but when class begun, my lecturers were very involved and devoted to my academic progress. Soon after, other opinions didn't matter anymore.
So, I understand the whole inferior feeling thing but look at the bright side, a door may have closed but another opened. And that's your opportunity right there!

Just make the best of it and work hard for your future. nothing ever comes easy, anyway.
Many students don't have a chance like yours and have to retake papers, you know?
Maybe talk to your parents about how you feel? More often than not they only want the best for you.
:smile:

All the best for your future endeavors!

Thank you 😀

Quick Reply

Latest