The Student Room Group

How to fake sick at school for just one period?

Tomorrow I have my English language GCSE speaking and listening exam and I have anxiety so I feel really really uncomfortable speaking in front of people and I have asked, asked and asked my teacher can I do it with her and nobody else in the room and she refused so I have no choice but to skip the lesson. I want to fake sick while I'm on my lunch, but the school nurse always gets you to go to class first and get the teachers permission and I don't want to do that, so how do I get out of doing that? I can't go home either because I have more important lessons later on in the day. Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by adz234
Tomorrow I have my English language GCSE speaking and listening exam and I have anxiety so I feel really really uncomfortable speaking in front of people and I have asked, asked and asked my teacher can I do it with her and nobody else in the room and she refused so I have no choice but to skip the lesson. I want to fake sick while I'm on my lunch, but the school nurse always gets you to go to class first and get the teachers permission and I don't want to do that, so how do I get out of doing that? I can't go home either because I have more important lessons later on in the day. Thanks.

Because it's in the middle of the day, you're ****ed unless you run out puking. You'll have to do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Given that it counts towards your actual grade, I think you might be slightly screwed unless you can show visual signs of illness...
Reply 3
JUST BUNK FAM
i used too thug lyf n tings
Reply 4
Original post by Goaded
JUST BUNK FAM
i used too thug lyf n tings

The word is flunk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just don't come in
Reply 6
Original post by Andy98
The word is flunk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kl, down here we say bunk so how about you shut up and stop quoting me
Reply 7
Original post by Goaded
Kl, down here we say bunk so how about you shut up and stop quoting me

Chill out, jeez. We do both mean just fail it right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Andy98
Chill out, jeez. We do both mean just fail it right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I mean skip the class. Don't go.
Reply 9
Original post by Goaded
No, I mean skip the class. Don't go.

Ohhh, we just call that skiving

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
sorry but sometimes in life you have to do things you don't like... this is your GCSEs it's not some dumb class presentation. i hated doing my speaking and listening exam but i did it anyway. i get that anxiety is a medical problem but i feel like you still need to force yourself to do things like this
Reply 11
Original post by Andy98
The word is flunk

Posted from TSR Mobile

na it's bunk, flunk is when you fail something
Reply 12
Original post by Moura
na it's bunk, flunk is when you fail something

Yeah, well I thought that were one and the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
The word is flunk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bunk is still often used.

Edit: sorry, didn't look above.
do yourself a favor and push past the anxiety and just do it. i have just returned to education after 10 years because i screwed up my gcse's and trust me when i say it just isn't worth it. straight of we have been given an assignment that involves giving a presentation to everyone who is on the course as well as all the teachers which has to be done within 3 weeks i am dreading it but public speaking is a part of life so you may aswell spend half hour uncomfortable now and get the grade you need instead of making the mistake of having to go back and do it with a subject you know nothing about so you have to research it and present it to a room of people instead of just to one person in front of a room of people if that makes sense. just remember you are not the only one who is having these anxiety's about speaking everyone is even if they dont say it or show it doesn't mean there not feeling it..
Take a water bottle with vodka in and have a few gulps before your turn. Should work wonders, you'll probably have a great time up there!
Reply 16
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Bunk is still often used.

Edit: sorry, didn't look above.

Genuinely first time I've heard it:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending