The Student Room Group

Why do young woman often go for the "bad" guys?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by drowzee
You sound like a great guy :rolleyes:

Most decent girls don't want bums or "bad boys"; it's usually naive girls or girls that are just looking for some "fun". It is a silly stereotype.

Yea it is but you'd be surprised how many girls this can apply to. Even the strong, independent ones fall for this
Because the alternative is you.
Reply 22
Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen
Original post by hipsterrapunzel
Might be a saviour complex. Especially if she said she wants to "fix him". If that's the main/only reason why she's into him, then it's unhealthy. Simply put, she may not be able to fix him and suffer for it/he may feel pressured to improve and flip out. Either way, it's just not a good relationship dynamic to have. You should have a serious talk with her if you're concerned.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm only concerned because I fancy her to an extent. She does not know this & I am holding back out of respect for her and him.

It does not make me feel good about myself. She is fussing over this man constantly and I don't see why. She is miles ahead of him looks wise and talents wise.*

He isn't going anywhere at this stage. I don't know what she sees in him at all. Honestly.*
if you have to ask, then you;re not bright enough to know.
Original post by drowzee
You sound like a great guy :rolleyes:

Most decent girls don't want bums or "bad boys"; it's usually naive girls or girls that are just looking for some "fun". It is a silly stereotype.

Its been true to an extent in my case.*
I'm not interested at all, they just seem like a waste of time.
Not this **** again. Listen, right. It's as simple as this;

Bad guys generally speaking have traits that are attractive to women, the main one being confidence. If he genuinely is a bad guy (say, abusive) then eventually the woman will leave him (we are human, we make mistakes). If she continues to return to him/other bad men then, again generally speaking, she lacks emotional maturity/awareness to identify why she goes after those types of men and thus correct her behavior. Bad guys just have the upper edge because their attributes match what women look for, and tend to overshadow their negative characteristics (at least, for a time).

Similarly, nice guys get mixed up with "nice" guys because of the same terminology. "Nice" guys are spineless cowards with little-to-no confidence, self-worth or respect, engage in manipulative behaviors or a whole range of issues.

The key is to strike a balance. Balance is key for both men and women.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
lol @ red pill

what's funny
Original post by Anonymous
This is a trend that I have been noticing over the past few years.

I have a very attractive acquaintance who would be the type of woman who would do this (around 19). She would be capable of getting a drop dead gorgeous man (she is a model).

Instead she choose a guy who doesn't particularly have anything going for him. He smokes weed all day and pretty much doesn't put much if any effort into his school work. This guy is 17 and she is 19, he is slightly attractive but not on her level. He failed all of his high school exams and has to repeat the year while she heads off to university.

She has been upset about him doing this and says she "loves him and wants to fix him". I guess she enjoyd being in a relationship with him and probably gets alot out of it. This guy just seems way too immature and laid back to be on her level.

There are plenty of stories like this around the UK and worldwide. What is it that causes these young women to be desperate to go into relationships with "broken" men who going nowhere and who may bring them down? Why not go for a nice guy who maybe has a bit of money and who is educated?

Why do so many well educated so called nice guys go for high maintenance fake slutty gold digger women and ignore the nice classy well mannered girls. It's a million dollar question.
I'm only concerned because I fancy her to an extent. She does not know this & I am holding back out of respect for her and him.

It does not make me feel good about myself. She is fussing over this man constantly and I don't see why. She is miles ahead of him looks wise and talents wise.*

He isn't going anywhere at this stage. I don't know what she sees in him at all. Honestly.*

She's using him as her little project for now and some fun and excitement . She'll dump him soon. No woman wants a man that is not ambitious. Been there done that.
Reply 31
My friend, you need to walk along the same footsteps as a mortal god...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AHH0bdNKyM
Original post by Sarahsez
She's using him as her little project for now and some fun and excitement . She'll dump him soon. No woman wants a man that is not ambitious. Been there done that.

She says she's going to try and make it work while she's at university.

Reply 33
Original post by saraxh
What is a red pill? Sounds like some sort of drug :rofl:

None of the explanations you got for the red pill were correct.

The term hails from the 1999 film The Matrix where Neo is presented with a red pill and a blue pill by morpheous. Morpheous explains to Neo that if he takes the redpill he will see the truth, the real truth, which is very hard to deal with, but if he doesn't want to deal with the truth he can take the bluepill which will return him to the lie he is living in blissful ignorance. basically living a lie. Neo choses the red pill.

If someone calls someone "red pilled" It means that person is savvy enough to see truth amounst all the deception and lies.

when someone calls someone "blue pilled" it means they are oblivious to the real truth and have fallen for the deception and lies, often the deception and lies have mainstream following. eg: Much of the dating advice you see online for example is "blue pilled" advice. No dude, there is nothing wrong with your opening messages to women, or your profile, or your conversation skills or your personality. The reason you are not getting dates online is because you are not good looking enough. The top 20% of the males on dating sites are f**king 80% of the women on dating sites. Sadly that is the redpill.
Because goodlooking boys who are bad have all that matters, that's the looks. A bad goodlooking guy gets many more girls than a good ugly guy.
Why do so many well educated so called nice guys go for high maintenance fake slutty gold digger women and ignore the nice classy well mannered girls. It's a million dollar question.

'Cos gold diggers are hot and so-called classy girls are not.

if you like her, easiest way for you to move on would be to tell her how you feel about her and see what she thinks. even if she doesn't feel the same way, there's nothing wrong with being friends with someone who fancies you/you fancy romantically. it takes emotional maturity to do that, and you still can have a good friendship. i understand why you're holding back, but i hope you know that this decision is not going to help you in any way. she isn't going to magically find out that you like her, and you may end up waiting months to years for nothing if she eventually gets with him. i know it's easier said than done to confess, but at least you won't ever have any "what if I had told her i liked her" regrets and you won't be wasting your time on her if she doesn't share the same attraction. if you can't maintain even a basic friendship after that, then let her go. you've done what you can and it's not your fault.

well, people are attracted to others for all sorts of reasons. the reason why she likes him is personal, and it isn't for me to judge. nevertheless, if you see that their relationship is becoming toxic, then you may want to intervene. as a friend. or even as a stranger out of kindness. it's perfectly normal to care for someone else even if you're don't have relations. so if confessing is too hard, then just share how you genuinely feel about that guy with her for now. find out more about why she likes him, and maybe you'll see something you haven't realized before. advice her if you still think she has the wrong mindset. helping her should be more than about your own feelings; it's for her well-being first and foremost.

best wishes.
Why not.
Original post by Sisuphos
'Cos gold diggers are hot and so-called classy girls are not.

And there you have it. Bad boys are hot and better in bed.and nice guys are not.
And there you have it. Bad boys are hot and better in bed.and nice guys are not.

No argument from me. The only redeeming quality "bad boys" have is their looks and maybe their confidence. If you're ugly and a "bad boy", you'll get nowhere. But the OP denied that he is all that good looking. So... yeah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending