The Student Room Group

Innocent Muslim attacked in NYC

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by HAnwar
Funny I never seem to see you say 'let's wait for the facts' when there's an attack on a non Muslim by a Muslim.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.

People on this site are SO desperate to push their biased agendas against Islam/muslims and it bores me to death. I've never seen desperation like it. Discrimination does not exist when it comes to Muslims. :u:
Original post by BaconandSauce
No I replied to a post of yours (I even quoted it so you wouldn't get confused as I know you have a tenancy to do this)

'I'm concerned about Muslim hate crimes,' (these are your words not ones I've made up and pretended you have said)

and again I ask how do you know this is a hate and why are you concerned about it given you don't know it is a hate crime?

Me saying "I'm concerned about Muslim hate crimes" does not mean I'm saying that it this is definitely a hate crime. Although it almost certainly is.

This person attacked a Muslim, do you think its just a random coincidence that a Muslim was targeted? Jesus...
If this was a hate crime, absolutely disgusting and the guy should get a prison sentence.

But I'm not sure whether this was a hate crime or just a crime.
Original post by alevelstresss
Me saying "I'm concerned about Muslim hate crimes" does not mean I'm saying that it this is definitely a hate crime. Although it almost certainly is.

This person attacked a Muslim, do you think its just a random coincidence that a Muslim was targeted? Jesus...

So if a Muslim attacked a Christian, would it just be a random coincidence that the Christian was targeted?
Original post by Ladbants
So if a Muslim attacked a Christian, would it just be a random coincidence that the Christian was targeted?

probably not
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37345442

Police are investigating this as a possible hate crime. Very sad to see this happening, I don't think belief in religion, regardless of how disturbing it may be to someone, warrants an assault in a public street.
This comes shortly after two Muslims were shot dead outside of a mosque in Queens a few weeks ago, and also a string of religious hate crimes.

9/11, 7/7, Nice, Paris, Brussels, all innocent people too. It doesn't detract the severity of this of course, but just saying - the world is crazy.
Original post by Danny the Geezer
9/11, 7/7, Nice, Paris, Brussels, all innocent people too. It doesn't detract the severity of this of course, but just saying - the world is crazy.

what about them? tragic things happen, but that doesn't warrant alienating and attacking Muslims
Me saying "I'm concerned about Muslim hate crimes" does not mean I'm saying that it this is definitely a hate crime.

Then why the thread over something you do not know yet yet no thread over the murder of 20 odd Muslims in a KNOWN hate crime?

Although it almost certainly is.

Again for the 3rd time of asking how do you know this?

and again we do not know she was 'targeted' at all so a little hysterical for you to claim this was the case.
(edited 7 years ago)
Then why the thread over something you do not know yet yet no thread over the murder of 20 odd Muslims in a KNOWN hate crime?

Again for the 3rd time of asking how do you know this?

Because its quite easy to determine who is a Muslim from their appearance. Why are you being an apologist for what is a blatant hate crime?
Because its quite easy to determine who is a Muslim from their appearance.

that has to be one of the most bigoted and racist things I've ever read on TSR

But no not all Muslims look the same and I'm shocked you need to be told this.
that has to be one of the most bigoted and racist things I've ever read on TSR

But no not all Muslims look the same and I'm shocked you need to be told this.

How? Female Muslims wear Islamic dresses / burkas / hijabs, stop being childish.
How? Female Muslims wear Islamic dresses / burkas / hijabs, stop being childish.

no not all of them do (unless you are going to say those who choose not to cover are not real muslims which given the bigoted statement you've just made I wouldn't be surprised about)

You need to get out more
Where would news articles be on TSR without BBC News, eh.
no not all of them do (unless you are going to say those who choose not to cover are not real muslims which given the bigoted statement you've just made I wouldn't be surprised about)

You need to get out more

someone wearing an Islamic dress / hijab / burka isn't going to be non-Muslim are they?

and I need to get out more? haha, you're the one who has spent every waking day of summer ranting about Islam on a student forum, I've done a lot this summer, what have you done?
someone wearing an Islamic dress / hijab / burka isn't going to be non-Muslim are they?

and I need to get out more? haha, you're the one who has spent every waking day of summer ranting about Islam on a student forum, I've done a lot this summer, what have you done?

not what you said

back pedaling like buggery now I see

me I've nearly completed part of my Phd, I've brought a new house and a new car and an old one I also work about 30 hours a week.

But this isn't about me this is about you thinking all Muslims look the same
Reply 55
Original post by HAnwar
Can you imagine if this was the other way around, the amount of hate the Muslim would have got.

We don't have to imagine if was the other way around. Barely a week goes by without a report of some attack on a percieved "out-group" by Muslims somewhere.

And it rarely involves something as trivial as a small burn mark on a piece of clothing.

It is illuminating that something like this draws screams of "Islamophobia, it's not safe for Muslims to walk the streets", but stories of atheist bloggers being hacked to death, or a shop full of Shia being blown to pieces barely register on your scale of moral outrage.

But instead people are quick to defend this man and are making up excuses to defend him.

TSR back at it with the double standards.
No one is defending anyone.
My comment about his backstory was taking the piss out of Alevel and his failed apologetics where he attempts to defend and excuse the violent actions of Muslims.
We know nothing about this other than a woman's sleeve was burned. If it was deliberate, I will unreservedly condemn it, regardless of the motive or justification.

In reality, it is always the apologists who display the double standards, as we so regularly see.
Why is it that I only see condemnation of attacks by Shia on Sunnis on ISOC, not the other way round (apart from Tawheed, of course - and we all know what kind of response that always brings).

Here's a quick double-standards test for you. Let's see if you can make this statement.
"I condemn both the practice and permission of slavery in all forms, regardless of historical or social context. It is always wrong and always has been".
(edited 7 years ago)
not what you said

back pedaling like buggery now I see

me I've nearly completed part of my Phd, I've brought a new house and a new car and an old one I also work about 30 hours a week.

But this isn't about me this is about you thinking all Muslims look the same

you brought up 'going out more', some petty academics and buying new homes/cars don't count, what have you actually done that involved going out and seeing the world? Because I'm convinced you've never even met an actual Muslim
Reply 57
Original post by Trapz99
If the victim was Muslim and the attacker was non-Muslim, there would be outrage from the Muslim community. If the victim was non-Muslim and the attacker was Muslim, there would be outrage from the victims' community or from non-Muslims. It is just how it works.
The difference is, if a non-Muslim attacks a Muslim because they are Muslim, I (and I would imagine most non-Muslims) would condemn it. However, when a Muslim attacks a non-Muslim because they are non-Muslim, all we hear is "but it's only a minority", "he ain't no Muslim bruv", "what do you expect when your family has been bombed", "It was wrong, but...", etc.
I've done a lot this summer, what have you done?

yet you make more posts per day than I do :biggrin:

so when you say 'lots' going to the shops to spend your pocket money or your mother taking you pants shopping doesn't really count as 'done lots'
(edited 7 years ago)
petty academics and buying new homes/cars don't count,

petty academics :biggrin:

education envy is such an ugly thing in one so young

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending