The Student Room Group

Mole removal

I've been thinking of getting a mole removed from my face, because I don't like where it is on my face. I was wondering if anyone else on here have experienced through this procedure before. If you have, do you love the results?

I've been looking at Sk:n to get it done, unless you guys can recommend a better place.
Original post by Anonymous
I've been thinking of getting a mole removed from my face, because I don't like where it is on my face. I was wondering if anyone else on here have experienced through this procedure before. If you have, do you love the results?

I've been looking at Sk:n to get it done, unless you guys can recommend a better place.

I can't say I'm too knowledgable on the subject and hopefully someone who is sees this, but the person carrying out the procedure will be able to explain everything. Make sure you choose someone with a lot of experience in mole removal, and ask if they can show you any examples of their work. Generally, someone with more experience will know more about how to avoid scarring. Discuss the methods they use as well, because there's more than one and you may prefer one over another. All the best!
Reply 2
I've had a mole removal I think during year 5 (I'm currently in sixth form). I had a mole on my left eyelid since I was born, and it was getting to the point where it was too big and I wanted it to be removed.

My mole was lasered at the time and I remember feeling a slight burning sensation, and it didn't really hurt that much. After the removal, I had to regularly put a cream (don't remember what it was) on top of the mole.

I was a child at the time, so I got it for free (if not, a discounted price).
Reply 3
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I can't say I'm too knowledgable on the subject and hopefully someone who is sees this, but the person carrying out the procedure will be able to explain everything. Make sure you choose someone with a lot of experience in mole removal, and ask if they can show you any examples of their work. Generally, someone with more experience will know more about how to avoid scarring. Discuss the methods they use as well, because there's more than one and you may prefer one over another. All the best!

At Sk:n, only doctors can perform the mole removal procedure. There are choices of laser, shave or excision to remove it.

Original post by Baaah
I've had a mole removal I think during year 5 (I'm currently in sixth form). I had a mole on my left eyelid since I was born, and it was getting to the point where it was too big and I wanted it to be removed.

My mole was lasered at the time and I remember feeling a slight burning sensation, and it didn't really hurt that much. After the removal, I had to regularly put a cream (don't remember what it was) on top of the mole.

I was a child at the time, so I got it for free (if not, a discounted price).

I heard laser removal means that you have to keep going to appointments until it's gone.
At Sk:n, only doctors can perform the mole removal procedure. There are choices of laser, shave or excision to remove it.

I heard laser removal means that you have to keep going to appointments until it's gone.

Yeah, so three options. Only the doctor will be able to help you with what's best for you. It'll depend on how well you heal (for scarring), where exactly the mole is, how big it is, and where on your face
Reply 5

Idk, I remember only going once and it was gone :/
Reply 6
I had a birthmark removed when I was younger, maybe 12/13 - it was on top of my head and I HATED it. I was bullied horrendously for it. I remember the procedure stinging a little but it was worth it. The only downside is I have a bald spot where hair will never grow but its not very noticeable unless I change my parting

Quick Reply

Latest