The Student Room Group

Chances of getting into medicine with these grades?

Hello

I was wondering what my chances are for getting into medicine in the UK

1. My GCSE's were not so good as i got :
Grade A - maths , further maths
Grade B - Biology,Chemistry, Physics. RE, Geography
Grade C - WJEC English lang, WJEC English lit and edexcel English lang
Grade D - French and edexcel English Lit
Grade E - IGCSE English
Grade F - ICT
*my school made us do WJEC English in year 11 and edexcel English in year 10 along with IGCSE in year 10 for some reason?

2. In my first year of A levels I dint do so well and I got:
Biology- E
Chemistry - D
Physics - C
Maths - A
as i didnt get good grades i retook biology and chemisty and started the new spec .For maths I carried on and for physics I retook some exams from AS.

I have finished year 12 for the second time and got an A in maths A level and a B in AS Physics in the old spec.and I have just started year 13 and will be applying for medicine at universities of Exeter and Plymouth as those two are the only ones that will allow me to apply as I retook my a-levels

Furthermore i have done the UKCAT and got
Verbal Reasoning -------- 530
Quantitative Reasoning --- 670
Abstract Reasoning ---- 630
Situational Judgement---- Band 2

So the question is what are my chances of getting in to uni
Reply 1
to be straight with you, a very low chance:s-smilie: Most med students have atleast 6A/A* at gcse. Also will your teachers even predict you the minimum AAA for A2 that unis look for?
Reply 2
Original post by OGFakiie
to be straight with you, a very low chance:s-smilie: Most med students have atleast 6A/A* at gcse. Also will your teachers even predict you the minimum AAA for A2 that unis look for?

Yes as in June I had mocks for my subjects and i got in Biology - B and Chemistry - A*. *Even though there is no a* in terms of percentage wise i got 94%.:s-smilie:
Reply 3
guys?
Reply 4
uhhh yes!!

Latest

Trending

Trending