The Student Room Group

Road to A*s! (Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry)

Hi,

The purpose of this thread is to share my A-Level story with members of this website and to track my own progress throughout the upcoming years.

I'm currently studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry at A-Level, as well as an EPQ on Physics. For my first year, I am predicted A's, but as my Physics and Chemistry are linear A-Levels, I will be aiming for A*'s at the end of the 2 years.

I will be updating daily/weekly on revision, assignments, classes and everything in between, so I hope you enjoy reading! I also hope that this helps you to gain some motivation yourself to starting studying and aim for the highest grades in your studies! I'm happy to offer my help on any of these subjects if you need it, either send me a message or reply to this thread and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Happy Studying! :u:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
[QUOTE=elysiuuum;67750898]Hi,

The purpose of this thread is to share my A-Level story with members of this website and to track my own progress throughout the upcoming years.

I'm currently studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry at A-Level, as well as an EPQ on Physics. For my first year, I am predicted A's, but as my Physics and Chemistry are linear A-Levels, I will be aiming for A*'s at the end of the 2 years.

I will be updating daily/weekly on revision, assignments, classes and everything in between, so I hope you enjoy reading! I also hope that this helps you to gain some motivation yourself to starting studying and aim for the highest grades in your studies! I'm happy to offer my help on any of these subjects if you need it, either send me a message or reply to this thread and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Happy Studying! :u:

Wish I could get a A in chemistry 😂😅. Good luck!!
Reply 2
Original post by Hazel99
Wish I could get a A in chemistry 😂😅. Good luck!!

Anything is possible if you put your mind to it! :smile::smile:
Original post by elysiuuum
Anything is possible if you put your mind to it! :smile::smile:

I've just started A levels and I am studying Chemistry, Biology, Psychology.

Which A levels are the hardest and should I just spent time reading after doing homework?
good luck! it'll be exciting to see how you get on; see you at results day in two years time ;^)
x

Cool, good luck with that :smile:
I'm doing the same subjects as you. What exam boards are you for each?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
[QUOTE=studentshavefun;67751080]I've just started A levels and I am studying Chemistry, Biology, Psychology.

Which A levels are the hardest and should I just spent time reading after doing homework?

Doing the same alevels as you 😂😂
Reply 7
Original post by studentshavefun
I've just started A levels and I am studying Chemistry, Biology, Psychology.

I was told that Chemistry was one of the, if not, the hardest A-Level you can take and I would have to say that I agree, everyone is different and some things come naturally to some people, just do whatever works for you, I would suggest you cover the material you have covered in class, again at home, until you feel like you fully understand it, what you do in your spare time is up to you! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Matrix123
Cool, good luck with that :smile:
I'm doing the same subjects as you. What exam boards are you for each?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths and Further Maths: Edexcel
Chemistry: OCR
Physics: AQA

Good luck!
Reply 9
I wish you the best of luck!
Reply 10
Original post by renphobia
good luck! it'll be exciting to see how you get on; see you at results day in two years time ;^)

Definitely! Hopefully it will be a good day :colondollar:
Reply 11
Bar FM, we're doing the same subjects. It's a little early but hopefully you do well in them. :smile:
You've probably already heard of it, but physicsandmathstutor.com is a really helpful resource.
Reply 12
Original post by mooseyb
Bar FM, we're doing the same subjects. It's a little early but hopefully you do well in them. :smile:
You've probably already heard of it, but physicsandmathstutor.com is a really helpful resource.

It wouldn't be a full story without the beginning! Oh believe me, my teachers have already been pushing us to use that website, that and Khan Academy!

Good luck to you!
Reply 13
I go over everything that we have done in class (reading notes, doing harder questions), I'd say around 2 hours a night, but a lot of my independent study is done in free periods at college, where I will re-write notes and make flashcards.
Maths and Further Maths: Edexcel
Chemistry: OCR
Physics: AQA

Good luck!

Ooh we're the same for maths and FM. Is chemistry 21st century? That's what I'm doing. Physics is the same board as chemistry for me.

Thanks, best of luck to you too :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
2 Hours per night

Quick Reply

Latest