The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Mature students and students with children

Scroll to see replies

We got out timetables yesterday and mine is really full on. I have 3 days until 6pm! Still trying to work out what to do about the children.

How about yours?[QUOTE="Gemmacantan33;67715484"]
Original post by Kat Butler
It is a long way to Bognor, that is part of the reason I picked Winchester.

We should compare timetables (when we get them), maybe we will be able to car share sometimes.

Good morning,

When do you all find out your timetables? I find out today! Slighly nervous about meeting my fello class mates today.

Thankfully i look 25 so i doubt id ever get asked if im a lecturer but awkward! But a previously lecturer told me that we have maturity and life experience on our side and to not be afraid to use it!

And kat, car sharing would be fab if our timetables are a good match!

Hope you are ready for next week

Gemma x
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Kat. I am only in three days and all three of mine are to six.

I have managed to get my boy into after school care to six and on two of the days he is being picked up by a child's minder. On the third I am going to have to record the lecture and listen to it in my own time. I have a dictaphone and I have spoken to the lecturer and he is fine with it.
I had a minor wobble. But there are ways round it.
Hi guys,

Well there is a little confusion with my timetable as they seem to believe im a 1st year and not a 3rd.

But im in monday and tuesday 9am till 6pm both days and i think another day. Im hoping it will be sorted on monday

Gemma x
Recording the lecture is a really good idea. I might suggest that as well. I have 2 of the 3 late days sorted and that may solve the problem!

Original post by Charleyd
Kat. I am only in three days and all three of mine are to six.

I have managed to get my boy into after school care to six and on two of the days he is being picked up by a child's minder. On the third I am going to have to record the lecture and listen to it in my own time. I have a dictaphone and I have spoken to the lecturer and he is fine with it.
I had a minor wobble. But there are ways round it.
I am in 9 or 10 until 6pm on Monday and Tuesday too, so maybe we could something out about car sharing. Maybe we could get together to have q chat about it?

Original post by Gemmacantan33
Hi guys,

Well there is a little confusion with my timetable as they seem to believe im a 1st year and not a 3rd.

But im in monday and tuesday 9am till 6pm both days and i think another day. Im hoping it will be sorted on monday

Gemma x
My lot said that as long as I am listening to the lecture and attending seminars it's all good. So I am going to test record one tomorrow and see how it goes.
Fingers crossed it all goes ok then!

Original post by Charleyd
My lot said that as long as I am listening to the lecture and attending seminars it's all good. So I am going to test record one tomorrow and see how it goes.
Original post by Kat Butler
I am in 9 or 10 until 6pm on Monday and Tuesday too, so maybe we could something out about car sharing. Maybe we could get together to have q chat about it?

I'm currently using the park and ride service at st catherines hill. As i struggled to park near the uni even on the open day. Are you based on main campus? Perhaps we could have a chat on tuesday?

Gemma
Me too, it's nice and easy from Petersfield so that's something and yes I am on the main campus.

Tuesday sounds good!
Original post by Gemmacantan33
I'm currently using the park and ride service at st catherines hill. As i struggled to park near the uni even on the open day. Are you based on main campus? Perhaps we could have a chat on tuesday?

Gemma
Don't park at st Catherine's. Park at the south car park. The bus journey from st Catherine's is a joke when it's busy. You just go two stops from south. So much quicker.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending