The Student Room Group

Will moving in with a partner affect this years 23/24 student loan and grant?

Hi,
I am a mature student with 3 children and have been living independently for over 10 years. I currently receive the full tuition fee loan and maintenance loan from student finance England plus the additional special support loan/grant element as well as the child care grant. If I allow my boyfriend who has a good job and income (around £40,000per year) to move in after Christmas, will my student finance change for this academic year 23/24 and how will this affect my child care grant ect? Also, how do I report this change if it happens?
Original post by Mstudent312
Hi,
I am a mature student with 3 children and have been living independently for over 10 years. I currently receive the full tuition fee loan and maintenance loan from student finance England plus the additional special support loan/grant element as well as the child care grant. If I allow my boyfriend who has a good job and income (around £40,000per year) to move in after Christmas, will my student finance change for this academic year 23/24 and how will this affect my child care grant ect? Also, how do I report this change if it happens?

Hi there,
If your partner moves in during the Academic Year there would be no changes until the following Academic Year. To report it you would add him to your future application and we'd request his income to support your application. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending