The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KZR-07
Hi, I'm a participant from the first cohort. All I can say is have patience with the process and if you get through to the following rounds, enjoy them and be yourself. Good luck 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi first congratulations for getting into the program and thank you for replaying. I have sent my application this week.
Do you mind telling me where the summer school is located? Also, does the program involve working with people with dementia?
Many thanks
Hi everyone I have started a new thread asking for advice in the application for Think Ahead and Frontline if anyone is interested please follow this:

showthread.php?t=4346322

You just need to copy and past it on the student room search above on the right (search the student room).
It would be great to hear from anyone who is in the program alredy or anyone who is applying at the moment, please share your experience with us.
Thanks
The link is not working for me, it just takes us back to an old 2014 thread
Hi it is really estrange bcse it works for http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=67839312#post67839312
Try copying this into google and see if u can
The title is "Think Ahead and Frontline 2014/2015 cohort"
Let me know how u get on.
Original post by darling35
Hi first congratulations for getting into the program and thank you for replaying. I have sent my application this week.
Do you mind telling me where the summer school is located? Also, does the program involve working with people with dementia?
Many thanks

This year, the summer school was in Leeds, but they may change that. You may well work with people with dementia, but that isn't the case for every placement, it will depend where you are placed.
Original post by RakelTheCheese
This year, the summer school was in Leeds, but they may change that. You may well work with people with dementia, but that isn't the case for every placement, it will depend where you are placed.

Thank you for replaying, I would love to work with ealderly people :smile:
Well first I need to get into the program :biggrin:
if you don't mind can you share your experience with us? I opened I new thread and I hope the candidates from 2014/2015/2016 will give us some tips and share with us their experiences do far...are you liking it?
Thanks again
Hi everyone I have started a new thread for Think Ahead 2016/2017 candidates please follow the link, hopefully we will get some more people to join in and share their experiences.
Good luck to everyone :smile:

/showthread.php?t=4368032
Reply 127
Hi guys,
Any of you that got through to the assessment centre stage, im just wondering if they allocate a assessment centre that is close to your location or is there only one that everyone has to travel to?
thanks
Reply 128
All assessment centres are in london with one in birmingham in december. please check though. i called to ask this question and not sure if anything has changed
When is the deadline for 2017 intake ?
Reply 130
Hello all. I know this is last years thread but I have been accepted for the 2017 cohort and am thinking about placements already!
Is anyone on this thread currently placed within Sussex Partnership Trust? If so would you mind sharing your experiences so far (along with actual locations of placement), as I am trying to decide whether this is my 1st choice or St Georges (however I did my nursing and midwifery training there and also my MH placement as part of that initial training albeit 15 years ago).
Many Thanks
Has anyone heard back from the assessment centre for think ahead ? If yes how long did it take you to hear back?
Reply 132
Original post by Dawsab21
Has anyone heard back from the assessment centre for think ahead ? If yes how long did it take you to hear back?

Hi! Were you at the assessment centre on 1st Feb? I haven't heard back yet either..keep checking my phone!
Original post by kirby21
Hi! Were you at the assessment centre on 1st Feb? I haven't heard back yet either..keep checking my phone!

Yes!! Oh my goodness me too i feel like i am checking my emails every minute of the day!
Reply 134
Original post by Dawsab21
Yes!! Oh my goodness me too i feel like i am checking my emails every minute of the day!

Same! I'm pretty certain they said at the assessment centre that we would find out within a week? I thought the day was really good but I don't really know if I did well or badly, it was hard to judge after!
Hey everyone, just wanted to know what you thought of Think First, I'm thining of applying!
Hello everyone, I know this thread is incredibly old but wondering if anyone could share their experiences of Think Ahead? For the people that joined the programme, are you still working as social workers? Thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending