The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Looke
Yeah they could at least send an email around saying that there are delays. Not that it really matters, just good to keep communications open

I'm still glued to my emails hoping for something to come through this evening!
Reply 241
Original post by hapeaman
I'm still glued to my emails hoping for something to come through this evening!

Fingers crossed. ..... been on tenterhooks all day!!!! Don't think i can take another full day of checking emails constantly.
Reply 242
Has nobody received the email today like we should have?
Original post by Lou2381
Has nobody received the email today like we should have?

It looks like nobody has received it...I think it's getting a bit late, too! Oh well...tomorrow it is...
Reply 244
Original post by hapeaman
It looks like nobody has received it...I think it's getting a bit late, too! Oh well...tomorrow it is...

I'm relieved in a way as I thought it meant I hadn't got through to the next stage! Are you applying for Leeds?
Anyone from Newcastle heard? I got the email last Tuesday saying they had extended it and would be back in touch by 21st October.
Original post by Lou2381
I'm relieved in a way as I thought it meant I hadn't got through to the next stage! Are you applying for Leeds?

No I'm Bristol :smile: Well good luck, hopefully we'll hear something soon! A guy on the previous page posted an email saying that they were waiting for some process to be completed or something so hopefully we'll hear tomorrow...
I have to say, the wait is killing me. It's bad enough waiting to hear back about jobs but when you're actually given a specific deadline to hear back, it seems to make it so much harder lol!
Original post by webster89
I have to say, the wait is killing me. It's bad enough waiting to hear back about jobs but when you're actually given a specific deadline to hear back, it seems to make it so much harder lol!

I know! Looks like we are all in the same boat. I don't know what 'assurance checks' they have to complete though- I hope they're not thinking about withdrawing the job!
Original post by webster89

I agree, it makes it so much harder! I mean, that's partly because they haven't actually emailed us to explain why we haven't heard on the date that they promised, which is made worse by the fact that that date is actually a revised date in the first place...it just seems a bit...unprofessional? Maybe that's unfair but at the very least it's certainly annoying...they must know we're anxious!
Reply 250
Need HELP please

I am external AO interview candidate. need help with what to expect in a scenario based interview but they said it should be 25 min.
Do I need to prepare my own competency example for this interview or they are going to provide with a scenario?

please Help..
Original post by Azalea3206
I just emailed them for an update and they sent the following:

image.jpg

Thanks for sharing - would have been nice if they had gotten in touch advising of further delay. Oh well it's a new day ..................
Original post by Azalea3206
I know! Looks like we are all in the same boat. I don't know what 'assurance checks' they have to complete though- I hope they're not thinking about withdrawing the job!

I fear that too, what could 'assurance checks' possibly mean.
Reply 253
Original post by Jadu
Need HELP please

I am external AO interview candidate. need help with what to expect in a scenario based interview but they said it should be 25 min.
Do I need to prepare my own competency example for this interview or they are going to provide with a scenario?

please Help..

Please HELP
Reply 254
Original post by Jadu
Please HELP

Prepare your own, they'll just ask you how would you deal with a certain situation. Use the STAR approach in your own example.
Reply 255
Original post by naszam
Prepare your own, they'll just ask you how would you deal with a certain situation. Use the STAR approach in your own example.

Is that mean , Questions will be based on my Competency examples?
Reply 256
Original post by Jadu
Is that mean , Questions will be based on my Competency examples?

They don't ask too many question just 2 questions to find out how you dealt with a situation, what approach did you take and what was the result.
Let the refreshing commence again :tongue:
Original post by Priscal
I fear that too, what could 'assurance checks' possibly mean.

I'm hoping it just means they're quality-checking their decisons; making sure those they've shortlisted, the whole panel agrees their application should progress.
They're really not "delivering at pace" are they?

Latest

Trending

Trending