The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University Applicants 2017

This thread is for applicants to discuss applications and for a general chat about the process :smile:

Where are you from?

What course(s) are you applying for?

What qualifications do you have? And if you're working towards any e.g A Levels. At what grades?

Do you have any voluntary/work experience?

What does your course require?

Why BCU? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Hey 2017 applicants,

If you're still in the process of making your application why not check out our tips on writing a Personal Statement, plus some key UCAS dates to keep in your diary.

If you have any questions about the process, what happens next or about the course you've already applied for, ask away!

If you have applied, welcome to the start of your BCU journey! Why not let us know what course you're hoping to study?

The BCU Team :u:
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hey 2017 applicants,

If you're still in the process of making your application why not check out our tips on writing a Personal Statement, plus some key UCAS dates to keep in your diary.

If you have any questions about the process, what happens next or about the course you've already applied for, ask away!

If you have applied, welcome to the start of your BCU journey! Why not let us know what course you're hoping to study?

Do any of your social science courses require an interview?
Reply 4
do you need a grade c in science to go into primary education qts
Original post by sALLY5
do you need a grade c in science to go into primary education qts

For QTS yes. They used to do a previous course where you were not a qualified teacher at the end of it, and that didn't require gcse science at grade C but they have since scrapped that course in favor of the QTS one.
Original post by VioletBlueGreen
Do any of your social science courses require an interview?

Hi there,

You don't have to interview for our social science courses. Which course in particular are you interested in? If select the 'Entry requirements' tab on the course page you'll find exactly what requirements you need to meet for the course.

The BCU Team :smile:
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hey 2017 applicants,

I'm applying for: Biomedical sciences - Bsc (Hons) - New course for 2017/18
I received an email saying theyve received my application, then gave me that admissions portal link. I just wanted to know roughly when most people get offers. Do they have to wait towards the end of application time or do they hand it out as applications come in?
I am hoping to study Digital Marketing the fast track course.
I have submitted my UCAS. Just waiting for a reply. so nervous
Original post by NkemNwaobi
I'm applying for: Biomedical sciences - Bsc (Hons) - New course for 2017/18
I received an email saying theyve received my application, then gave me that admissions portal link. I just wanted to know roughly when most people get offers. Do they have to wait towards the end of application time or do they hand it out as applications come in?

Have you gotten an offer yet because I'm in this situation now.
Have you gotten an offer yet because I'm in this situation now.

I changed my application from BCU to a different uni sorry
I changed my application from BCU to a different uni sorry

Its alright, is there any particular reason you changed it to a different university? Like did you find out something bad about BCU?
Original post by Maddietudor
I am hoping to study Digital Marketing the fast track course.
I have submitted my UCAS. Just waiting for a reply. so nervous

When did you submit your application?
Its alright, is there any particular reason you changed it to a different university? Like did you find out something bad about BCU?

I want to do biomedical science and the BCU course is not currently accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Sciences which means I would not be able to work in the NHS with my degree, only in companies
I want to do biomedical science and the BCU course is not currently accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Sciences which means I would not be able to work in the NHS with my degree, only in companies

That makes sense, thanks for letting me know. I hope you get your first choice for biomedical sciences though!!!
When did you submit your application?

I submitted last Thursday!
I submitted last Thursday!

Have you received an offer yet?
Have you received an offer yet?

Nope not yet
Nope not yet

You don't have to but could you keep me updated as to whether you receive an offer or not, because as you may have guessed i'm in the same situation as yourself XD
Good luck to all of you who have applied!

Offers can be given out before the deadline so you might not have to wait that long to hear back, but as you can imagine, we have a lot of applications to look through. If you have any questions in the meantime, ask away!

Why not let us know what you're most looking forward to if you join us to study? Or whether you'll be moving from your home town to come to Birmingham? We can help with lots of fun things to do here!

Good luck!
The BCU Team :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending