The Student Room Group

KPMG audit programme 2017 discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hey, what part of the application is everyone on? I've just got to the verbal reasoning😅
Original post by dom117117
Hey, what part of the application is everyone on? I've just got to the verbal reasoning😅

Hi

I'm still on the initial application, waiting for my teacher to send me my written reference, however the referees section still says incomplete even though I have entered my academic referee. How many referees did you have?

Good luck with the rest of your application!! :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by AD490995
Hi

I'm still on the initial application, waiting for my teacher to send me my written reference, however the referees section still says incomplete even though I have entered my academic referee. How many referees did you have?

Good luck with the rest of your application!! :smile:

Yeah there's a drop down on the referee bit where it says academic, it took me a while to find😅 Anyway there you add a professional and personal referee or the section won't be completed. Good luck your nearly there to the tests😄
Reply 83
Yeah there's a drop down on the referee bit where it says academic, it took me a while to find😅 Anyway there you add a professional and personal referee or the section won't be completed. Good luck your nearly there to the tests😄

it still doesnt let me get pass the registering stage. It says that i cannot access the page.

Sent an email to my referee asking for a PDF copy on Tuesday. Broke up on Thursday and have yet to receive it, and doubt I will over the week off. :angry: Hopefully applications don't close any time soon otherwise my college has completely ****ed me.

Also how many referees did you have?
(edited 7 years ago)

Ah ok thank you. So you have to have have a total of 3 referees??? What would be an example of a professional referee?
Thanks once again :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by AD490995
Ah ok thank you. So you have to have have a total of 3 referees??? What would be an example of a professional referee?
Thanks once again :smile:

For proffessional I put the manager of the charity I volenteer at.
Reply 87
Original post by sss786
it still doesnt let me get pass the registering stage. It says that i cannot access the page.
I don't think it's the website that's the problem. Try another computer (like schools) or contact Kpmg through email about it😄
Reply 88
Original post by DarkEnergy
Sent an email to my referee asking for a PDF copy on Tuesday. Broke up on Thursday and have yet to receive it, and doubt I will over the week off. :angry: Hopefully applications don't close any time soon otherwise my college has completely ****ed me.

Also how many referees did you have?

U need 3 academic,professional and personal referee. You have plenty of time just get ready for those tests😄 That's when the rejections happen😪
U need 3 academic,professional and personal referee. You have plenty of time just get ready for those tests😄 That's when the rejections happen😪

Who did you get for your personal and professional referee please?
Reply 90
Who did you get for your personal and professional referee please?

Personal my local vicar (as it's for character) proffessional my charity manager who was with me during my volenteering.
Personal my local vicar (as it's for character) proffessional my charity manager who was with me during my volenteering.

Alright cheers. Gonna get the professional reference off the person I did work experience for, but I'm stuck on who to get for the personal reference...
Reply 92
Alright cheers. Gonna get the professional reference off the person I did work experience for, but I'm stuck on who to get for the personal reference...
could be a friend of your parents, anyone really even a teacher again😄
could be a friend of your parents, anyone really even a teacher again😄

Ah yeah I'll probably get my Physics teacher then, thanks.
Reply 94
Ah yeah I'll probably get my Physics teacher then, thanks.

No problem man I want us all to get👌
hey, just completed the application after receiving my academic reference. i was sent a link to complete a 'situational judgement test' and then shortly after another email telling me to do a 'verbal reasoning test' and then a 'numerical test'. after completion, i received an email straight after stating that the recruitment team is now personally reviewing my application and will be in touch within the next 48 hours to let me know of my outcome
Reply 96
Original post by Ad109
hey, just completed the application after receiving my academic reference. i was sent a link to complete a 'situational judgement test' and then shortly after another email telling me to do a 'verbal reasoning test' and then a 'numerical test'. after completion, i received an email straight after stating that the recruitment team is now personally reviewing my application and will be in touch within the next 48 hours to let me know of my outcome
Nice, how you find the numerical? That's my next test
Nice, how you find the numerical? That's my next test

considering im better at maths than english academically speaking, i think i did better in the verbal one where i managed to answer most of the questions and spent less than 2 mins on each. for the numerical one, i answered about 5 but made sure they were correct (tried using the whole quality over quantity approach). the questions are fairly long and a calculator, pen and paper is basically compulsory. the wording wasnt that very helpful and you have to understand the data and numbers given before even attempting the question
Reply 98
Original post by Ad109
considering im better at maths than english academically speaking, i think i did better in the verbal one where i managed to answer most of the questions and spent less than 2 mins on each. for the numerical one, i answered about 5 but made sure they were correct (tried using the whole quality over quantity approach). the questions are fairly long and a calculator, pen and paper is basically compulsory. the wording wasnt that very helpful and you have to understand the data and numbers given before even attempting the question
that really sounds horrible😅 What type of maths was it, ratios? Could I maybe have a example question😄
Original post by Ad109

Did you do much practice before doing the tests, or did you go in "blind"? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending