The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan

Hi I applied for maintenance loan on the 26th of September I sent all my details and my application has been approved however it only shows my tuition fee loans none of my maintenance payments can anyone help me out. I waited so long and nothing has changed
Original post by Sumerasaleem
Hi I applied for maintenance loan on the 26th of September I sent all my details and my application has been approved however it only shows my tuition fee loans none of my maintenance payments can anyone help me out. I waited so long and nothing has changed

give the student loan company a call to see whats going on.
If you have been sent a notification of entitlement letter (under letters/emails online) and it shows you will be paid maintenance loan and you haven't received it there are a number of reasons why that could be relating to national insurance, missing bank details, paid into wrong account, waiting for confirmation from the university you are on the course etc. If you have a notification of entitlement letter saying you're entitled to it but zero will be paid to you then it means you haven't requested it.

If you haven't requested it you can go online to your account, under the your application click change my application, change the loan amounts and tick yes to maintenance loan and don't change tuition fee. Confirm and submit changes, they will process that and be in touch with you with a new notification letter confirming you will be paid the loan.

As advised above for a definite answer you can call student finance to find out.
Thank you I'll try that out
Original post by digitaljunki3
If you have been sent a notification of entitlement letter (under letters/emails online) and it shows you will be paid maintenance loan and you haven't received it there are a number of reasons why that could be relating to national insurance, missing bank details, paid into wrong account, waiting for confirmation from the university you are on the course etc. If you have a notification of entitlement letter saying you're entitled to it but zero will be paid to you then it means you haven't requested it.

If you haven't requested it you can go online to your account, under the your application click change my application, change the loan amounts and tick yes to maintenance loan and don't change tuition fee. Confirm and submit changes, they will process that and be in touch with you with a new notification letter confirming you will be paid the loan.

As advised above for a definite answer you can call student finance to find out.
Original post by digitaljunki3

Thank you I'll try that out

It won't let you make changes online after 1st September 2016 - it will tell you to complete a paper form
Maintence loan, like personal details, can be changed at any time during the academic year as it's not tied into course start date or details which can't be changed after the course has started.

If only, for whatever reason, it won't let you update then it would come down to requiring a paper form. A maintenance loan request form would then be needed.
Ok so I have changed the application and ticked yes to maintenance loan amout and now it's is showing that I get around £7000 and it's is approved however this only shows in my entitlement letter and not on my payments so I don't see the breakdown of when I will receive the money,
I filled out the paper form at the beginning so they already have my details but I can't view it in my papyments it only shows my tuition fee loan I have called several times and always get stuck onnhold pls help
Ok so I have changed the application and ticked yes to maintenance loan amout and now it's is showing that I get around £7000 and it's is approved however this only shows in my entitlement letter and not on my payments so I don't see the breakdown of when I will receive the money,

It is showing on entitlement summary? You won't have got a notification under the letters/emails section that quick as it would have to be processed and then takes 24hrs to generate the letter to show on your online account.

If you have changed it online to yes, the main application will be approved and remain as normal until you get that letter to say it's actually going to be paid to you. Then it will update on the payment schedule.
Okay so you entitlement letter shows you have now been approved with maintenance loan in place to be paid to you. It can take up to 24-48hrs for this to show on your payment schedule as that's how long it could take to be sent and load on the payment system, this is done automatically. Just make sure you have provided bank details. You can contact your university to get them or make sure they have sent your confirmation of registration which is required to release payments then that money, from September, will be backdated into your account within 3-5 working days.
Reply 10
And this is my payments

In your shoes, I would remove your document scans as soon as possible. This is a public board and the scans show more than enough info to allow someone unscrupulous to steal your identity and commit fraud.
Hi,my status is green in my account and I’m approved,but in maintanance loan shows “schedule first one was on January 22th after few days was changed on January 24th but i still waiting and the same time I was received letter for that I’m approved and everything is ok ,but they wanted more evidence...so i was sent what they needed and I’m confused about that because when I was spoken with them said me i have to wait 22days for process but in my account still shows 24of January...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending