The Student Room Group

KPMG audit programme 2017 discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dom117117
that really sounds horrible😅 What type of maths was it, ratios? Could I maybe have a example question😄

tables and charts! quite a bit on percentages! and one question had a bit of ratios (but that wasnt as bad as the others). if only i could remember, i did practice qs online(the ones they recommended us to do), but looking at my working out i had to work out new prices with percentage increases, work out how changing the ratio but keeping the total the number the same will affect some data and an easy one was on the difference between 2 sets of data. theres no 'cannot tell' option either like the verbal one but its multiple choice so if you have an answer and its an option, you can smile for a second
Original post by DarkEnergy
Did you do much practice before doing the tests, or did you go in "blind"? Thanks.

in the email they sent, they included a link with practice questions but there was only 2 on the verbal test and 2 on the numeracy test. i did those 4 then the actual thing
Reply 102
Original post by Ad109
tables and charts! quite a bit on percentages! and one question had a bit of ratios (but that wasnt as bad as the others). if only i could remember, i did practice qs online(the ones they recommended us to do), but looking at my working out i had to work out new prices with percentage increases, work out how changing the ratio but keeping the total the number the same will affect some data and an easy one was on the difference between 2 sets of data. theres no 'cannot tell' option either like the verbal one but its multiple choice so if you have an answer and its an option, you can smile for a second
cheers that's helped me a lot😄 I heard it was hard but that sounds pretty advanced anyway good luck with your application😄 What office did you apply for by the way?
cheers that's helped me a lot😄 I heard it was hard but that sounds pretty advanced anyway good luck with your application😄 What office did you apply for by the way?

i do a2 maths and did as further maths so im guessing that gave me an advantage. what do you mean by office sorry
Reply 104
Original post by Ad109
i do a2 maths and did as further maths so im guessing that gave me an advantage. what do you mean by office sorry
I applied to the London office, it's where you picked at the start of the application. I also do a2 maths but I hate this kind of maths the time pressures too scary😪
I applied to the London office, it's where you picked at the start of the application. I also do a2 maths but I hate this kind of maths the time pressures too scary😪

i applied for the birmingham office and i know right, 40 qs in 20 mins? er ok
Original post by Ad109
i applied for the birmingham office and i know right, 40 qs in 20 mins? er ok

Sorry what, you have to do 40 questions in 20 minutes!?
Reply 107
Sorry what, you have to do 40 questions in 20 minutes!?
for the verbal😂 Horrible isn't it
Hi,
I just completed my partner interview stage on tuesday and got an offer the following day. I'm happy to help with questions regarding the process. However, I did complete most of my application stages last year, I was getting ready for the final interview when they said spaces were filled up and i had to wait for 2017 entry. So i am not familiar with the new 90minutes interview or any of the latest additions to the process but i can offer advice on some aspects of the application. i'm happy to answer any questions!
Original post by duchess wendy
Hi,
I just completed my partner interview stage on tuesday and got an offer the following day. I'm happy to help with questions regarding the process. However, I did complete most of my application stages last year, I was getting ready for the final interview when they said spaces were filled up and i had to wait for 2017 entry. So i am not familiar with the new 90minutes interview or any of the latest additions to the process but i can offer advice on some aspects of the application. i'm happy to answer any questions!

Congratulations! Did you prepare for the verbal/numerical tests? If so, how?

Also when did applications close last year? Due to teachers taking ages to send me my reference, I'll probably have my application sent off in early November.
Congratulations! Did you prepare for the verbal/numerical tests? If so, how?

Also when did applications close last year? Due to teachers taking ages to send me my reference, I'll probably have my application sent off in early November.

tbh I didnt prepare for the verbal or numerical test. They are both about basic mathematics presented in complex situations. There's usually alot of informations but if you can manage your time very well and sift through the excess information on the page to find the relavant ones, its just basic statistics i.e average, multiplication and division etc. The verbal test was fairly straightforward just answer based onthe text and try to work quickly through the questions.You could prepare by taking timed tests. because the very short time is the main issue. I genuinely got just a few of the numerical questions right and guessed most of them when i was running out of time. Also last year applications didn't close till early january this year, but dont apply too late because they get filled up really quickly. It happened to me, i applied in december. I dont think they asked me for reference last year. P/S: UKCAT numeracy test is alot similar to the KPMG numeracy test based on the strict timing and excess information. you could practice for it using the UKCAT numeracy test!. goodluck!
(edited 7 years ago)
tbh I didnt prepare for the verbal or numerical test. They are both about basic mathematics presented in complex situations. There's usually alot of informations but if you can manage your time very well and sift through the excess information on the page to find the relavant ones, its just basic statistics i.e average, multiplication and division etc. The verbal test was fairly straightforward just answer based onthe text and try to work quickly through the questions.You could prepare by taking timed tests. because the very short time is the main issue. I genuinely got just a few of the numerical questions right and guessed most of them when i was running out of time. Also last year applications didn't close till early january this year, but dont apply too late because they get filled up really quickly. It happened to me, i applied in december. I dont think they asked me for reference last year

Okay thank you! Also any idea why you can't go to Durham anymore?
Reply 112
tbh I didnt prepare for the verbal or numerical test. They are both about basic mathematics presented in complex situations. There's usually alot of informations but if you can manage your time very well and sift through the excess information on the page to find the relavant ones, its just basic statistics i.e average, multiplication and division etc. The verbal test was fairly straightforward just answer based onthe text and try to work quickly through the questions.You could prepare by taking timed tests. because the very short time is the main issue. I genuinely got just a few of the numerical questions right and guessed most of them when i was running out of time. Also last year applications didn't close till early january this year, but dont apply too late because they get filled up really quickly. It happened to me, i applied in december. I dont think they asked me for reference last year. P/S: UKCAT numeracy test is alot similar to the KPMG numeracy test based on the strict timing and excess information. you could practice for it using the UKCAT numeracy test!. goodluck!
Do a lot of people pass the online tests? Or are more removed at the AC?
Okay thank you! Also any idea why you can't go to Durham anymore?

I also applied for durham but this yeear they told me they weren't partnering with durham anymore for this program and they moved my application to birmingham I'm not sure why though.
Do a lot of people pass the online tests? Or are more removed at the AC?

Alot of people I know passed the online test and I didn't have to go through an assessment centre. I think for last year more people were removed at the first interview because the in tray excercise was quite hard. I didnt even understand the questions to think of knowing how to answer them and there is no way to prepare for it unfortunately because they give you all the information on the day. My advice for the intray excercise is just use logic andwork through as much as you can. I dont think hey expect you to get all right but they expect to see you work intelligently through them and be time conscious. I didnt finish all the questions but i still got through so i'm not sure what they are looking for, also prepare wel for the interview and you should be fine. goodluck!
Reply 115
Alot of people I know passed the online test and I didn't have to go through an assessment centre. I think for last year more people were removed at the first interview because the in tray excercise was quite hard. I didnt even understand the questions to think of knowing how to answer them and there is no way to prepare for it unfortunately because they give you all the information on the day. My advice for the intray excercise is just use logic andwork through as much as you can. I dont think hey expect you to get all right but they expect to see you work intelligently through them and be time conscious. I didnt finish all the questions but i still got through so i'm not sure what they are looking for, also prepare wel for the interview and you should be fine. goodluck!
cheers for the advice😄👌
cheers for the advice😄👌

you're welcome. goodluck!
Did you have to do the verbal, numerical and situational judgement tests all at once? Or is it possible to sit the numerical test one day and then the verbal and sjt on another day?

Thanks
Reply 118
Original post by Jas1947
Did you have to do the verbal, numerical and situational judgement tests all at once? Or is it possible to sit the numerical test one day and then the verbal and sjt on another day?

Thanks
you have 7 days to do them all. Login and do them whenever😄
you have 7 days to do them all. Login and do them whenever😄

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending