The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by jones10
Wow that's amazing! I'm so worried as they seem to prefer established health professionals already, I doubt I'll get a look in with my Psychology degree! We'll see I guess 🙈🙈

Were they mostly health professionals that they took on last year? I haven't seen any stats. I'm sure you'll be fine if you've got a good personal statement and i have a feeling they won't be getting as many applications this year with the fee being charged.
Original post by Chzzaw
Were they mostly health professionals that they took on last year? I haven't seen any stats. I'm sure you'll be fine if you've got a good personal statement and i have a feeling they won't be getting as many applications this year with the fee being charged.

I'm not sure, all the PA's I've been speaking with seemed to have been previous radiographers, or nurses, and mostly biomed students!

I received this email today:

"Good morning

Invitations to attend for interview will be sent out on the 9th November to all those applicants who have been successful through long and short listing.

At the close of recruitment we had received 630 applications for the 165 places available across the North West.

Regards "
Reply 82
Original post by jones10
I'm not sure, all the PA's I've been speaking with seemed to have been previous radiographers, or nurses, and mostly biomed students!

I received this email today:

"Good morning

Invitations to attend for interview will be sent out on the 9th November to all those applicants who have been successful through long and short listing.

At the close of recruitment we had received 630 applications for the 165 places available across the North West.

Regards "

Oh no I've not had an email I'm worried now. I didn't think there would be that many applicants.
Original post by Chzzaw
Oh no I've not had an email I'm worried now. I didn't think there would be that many applicants.

Oh no sorry I received this email because I asked a question x
Reply 84
Original post by jones10
Oh no sorry I received this email because I asked a question x

Oh i see 😁. It's very worrying the amount of applicants though. I thought with it not closing early that they hadn't received as many applications.
Hi, has anyone applied to Barts (QMUL)?
I'm getting sooo nervous the wait is killing me 🙈🙈 10 days until we find out if we get invited to interview 😩
Reply 87
Original post by jones10
I'm getting sooo nervous the wait is killing me 🙈🙈 10 days until we find out if we get invited to interview 😩

Same here. it's such a long wait. 😕
Reply 88
has anyone who applied for next year heard back yet?
Reply 89
Will applications that didn't state a preference be ignored?
Reply 90
Original post by Renn
Will applications that didn't state a preference be ignored?

It did say that they wouldnt be considered. I'm not sure why.
Reply 91
Hey! congratulations on the offer. I couldn't find the fee information being paid on Sheffield website though
Reply 92
Hello everyone
Did anyone end up getting onto the course in Manchester ? Or any of the NW unis
What is it like ?
Original post by JamesManc
I know they are opening applications in September sometime. I already got into Sheffield Hallam and Newcastle, but I will be applying to Liverpool and Manchester because I am from near Manchester, no **** Sherlock look at my username, so I could live at home. If I don't get into Lpool or Mancs I will go Sheffield because you get your £9000 course fees paid plus a £5000 bursary which would probably cover my accommodation, but I have no way to fund food, clothes etc. I'll have to look in bins and shoplift.

Are Sheffield still offering the paid course fees and a bursary because I can't find it on the website?
I'm hoping to apply to Manchester for the Jan 2018 intake, I feel a little uneasy about the applications opening in November, how long will they let one know whether they got in and arrange accommodation all within a space of 2 months? Also I'm starting my job in September and if I want to move away id have to let them know 2 months in advance..so :/
Reply 95
Original post by ~scorpio~
I'm hoping to apply to Manchester for the Jan 2018 intake, I feel a little uneasy about the applications opening in November, how long will they let one know whether they got in and arrange accommodation all within a space of 2 months? Also I'm starting my job in September and if I want to move away id have to let them know 2 months in advance..so :/

Application for Jan2018 intake for Manchester, Liverpool and Lancashire were open since the 14 August 2017 they havent put a closing date so you might still be able to apply. Heres the link: https://www.nwpgmd.nhs.uk/physician_associate
Reply 96
Original post by THG
Application for Jan2018 intake for Manchester, Liverpool and Lancashire were open since the 14 August 2017 they havent put a closing date so you might still be able to apply. Heres the link: https://www.nwpgmd.nhs.uk/physician_associate

Has anyone heard about an interview yet ?
Reply 97
Original post by aldav10

Apparently the interview dates are 20 &27 Sept Thats what they said when i called them recently
Reply 98
Original post by go jo
Apparently the interview dates are 20 &27 Sept Thats what they said when i called them recently

Yes so I believe was just wondering if anyone had been offered an interview yet?
Reply 99
Original post by aldav10

I havent gotten an invite to an interview yet. Will be emailing them to ask when we can expect to recieve one just so I know whether or not I got in. Though since interviews start from the 20-27 Sept theres still hope (fingers crossed). Have you applied for the 2018intake?

Latest

Trending

Trending