The Student Room Group

How often do you shower/bathe a week?

Poll

How often do you shower/bathe a week?

How often do you shower/bathe? The reason I ask is because I am trying to save water but I need to find the most socially acceptable minimum amount of showers someone should have a week. At the moment, I have a shower everyday but I'm beginning to think this isn't very good for the environment or my body.

Please be honest. The poll is completely anonymous so don't worry about what other people may think.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
something like 10 times a week if i have to
Reply 2
Original post by mkap
something like 10 times a week if i have to

So you shower twice a day sometimes? Doesn't that dry out your skin?
Reply 3
Everytime I use the toilet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I only have a bath in my flat but I usually bathe once a day or once every two days at most.
Reply 5
Original post by Scott.
Everytime I use the toilet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gosh that must be a lot of water!
Reply 6
Original post by Spock's Socks
I only have a bath in my flat but I usually bathe once a day or once every two days at most.

Once every two days sounds fine :smile:
I used to shower twice a day because of the job I did. Now it's once a day when I get it up unless I workout at the gym or something.

If you're trying to save water money see how much a membership at the gym is (some at collage/uni are very cheap) and assuming it has locked showers... there you go.

It's very hard to find a "minimum" amount of showers because everyone sweats differently but in general anything less then once a day and you start to have people notice... at least in my case as I walk in.
(edited 7 years ago)
Every day, sometimes I miss a day depending what I am gonna be doing though
Reply 9
Original post by SomeGuyHere
I used to shower twice a day because of the job I did. Now it's once a day when I get it up unless I workout at the gym or something.

If you're trying to save water money see how much a membership at the gym is (some at collage/uni are very cheap) and assuming it has locked showers... there you go.

It's very hard to find a "minimum" amount of showers because everyone sweats differently but in general anything less then once a day and you start to have people notice.

Ahhh.. that's a shame
Reply 10
Original post by SidTheSloth1
Every day, sometimes I miss a day depending what I am gonna be doing though

Does anybody notice that you haven't washed if you miss a day?
Every day
Original post by AshEntropy
Does anybody notice that you haven't washed if you miss a day?

People that notice don't tend to openly tell you. They'll just move away.
Reply 13
Original post by SomeGuyHere
People that notice don't tend to openly tell you. They'll just move away.

Oh yeah good point!
It's starting to look like having a shower every other day is the absolute minimum.
i naturally dont smell unless i miss like 5 days. (however i do wash in some form every day)
I do shower nearly every day due to my hair becoming filfthy in less than half a day :/
Reply 15
Original post by Toasticide
i naturally dont smell unless i miss like 5 days. (however i do wash in some form every day)
I do shower nearly every day due to my hair becoming filfthy in less than half a day :/

Wow that's really lucky!
Yeah my hair gets greasy really quickly too so I'm going to have my hair cut short.
Like 3 times a week normally. Typically Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday because that's when I play football.
I shower every single day...
Definitely twice a day (once in the morning the again after college). Sometimes, 3 times.
Original post by AshEntropy
So you shower twice a day? Doesn't that dry out your skin?

urm how does 7x2=10??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending