The Student Room Group

What happens if you fail GCSE Maths in year 13?

I failed gcse maths in year 12 and today i resat the maths exam. However, in all honesty i think im going to fail again. Im really concerned that i wont be accepted to other universities because ofthis reason. Is it possible i can get into uni? Please help
Reply 1
Depends on the course you are applying for at university... do they require you to have a GCSE in Maths? You've gotta check
Reply 2
Original post by Tom__
Depends on the course you are applying for at university... do they require you to have a GCSE in Maths? You've gotta check

Yeah i think you need to have a c to get into uni
Original post by _elissaa
Yeah i think you need to have a c to get into uni

Can you resit again in May/June?

Will any of your universities accept functional skills as a substitute for maths?
Original post by _elissaa
I failed gcse maths in year 12 and today i resat the maths exam. However, in all honesty i think im going to fail again. Im really concerned that i wont be accepted to other universities because ofthis reason. Is it possible i can get into uni? Please help

Check if they accept substitutes. Usually most universities require GCSE Maths and English at grade C.
If they don't accept you, take a gap year and find a job, while finding a job resit your maths at a college or do apprenticeship and resit your maths. That way universities don't have to be so snobby about why you took a gap year etc. I wish you good luck! Also check if they accept functional skills level 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest