The Student Room Group

Living cost support for Uni in Scotland

Hello,
I'm an italian student and looking for info on how to fund my living costs in Scotland, since I'm planning to study at Edinburgh (or Aberdeen as a second choice) and I couldn't find anything about it on the net. Any advice?
Original post by Marco9z
Hello,
I'm an italian student and looking for info on how to fund my living costs in Scotland, since I'm planning to study at Edinburgh (or Aberdeen as a second choice) and I couldn't find anything about it on the net. Any advice?

Unless you are a migrant worker or child of a migrant worker or have lived in the UK for the last 5 years it is expected you will fund your living costs yourself. You may find Edinburgh or St Andrews offer some bursaries/scholarships you can apply for too.
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
Unless you are a migrant worker or child of a migrant worker or have lived in the UK for the last 5 years it is expected you will fund your living costs yourself. You may find Edinburgh or St Andrews offer some bursaries/scholarships you can apply for too.

I see. Then, are there any part-time job opportunities for European students? Or is it hard to work while studying?
Reply 3
Original post by Marco9z
I see. Then, are there any part-time job opportunities for European students? Or is it hard to work while studying?

Part-time work usually available to students (bar work, catering, retail etc) is low paid in the UK. You'd wouldn't be able to cover your living costs if you were doing those sorts of jobs part-time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending