The Student Room Group

Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nuba123
This whole application process is draining. ;'(

You have still got a good few months yet. Trust me everyone is feeling the same, its only just beginning so try to take your mind off it. thinking about it all the time just makes you worry.
Praying to hear from Bristol - man I love that place
Original post by Natalierm2707
You have still got a good few months yet. Trust me everyone is feeling the same, its only just beginning so try to take your mind off it. thinking about it all the time just makes you worry.

I guess so I just feel anxious because I haven't heard anything yet and I got a score of 9.0. My friend got 8.5 and scored an Interview for Bham. Bham is my first choice and it would mean everything to me to get in. But well done to everyone who has I terviews so far and fingers crossed for the rest of us :smile:
Original post by erinls2
Hey hey no I think you've misinterpreted - it's just good to make sure in these kinds of threads because people do often troll? Like it wasn't supposed to be an offensive thing, I just wanted to check because trolling happens all the time. Sorry if it came over wrongly, I'm not one of those 'there's always one' - I swear :smile:

when do they reply for an interview?? If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application?
Original post by Abitat Eco
I guess so I just feel anxious because I haven't heard anything yet and I got a score of 9.0. My friend got 8.5 and scored an Interview for Bham. Bham is my first choice and it would mean everything to me to get in. But well done to everyone who has I terviews so far and fingers crossed for the rest of us :smile:

Try not to worry, you are obviously in a strong position for an interview here, just be aware that often interviews are handed out randomly to everyone who exceeds the required score for an interview, this ensures the process is fair and has no bias (i.e. people with the maximum score all being interviewed first, when actually everyone with scores above the required score is entitled to a fair chance at an interview).

Try to keep calm and the best thing is to try and distract yourself. This process is long and honestly these early interviews are just that, early, you have a lot of time where you could get interview offers, you just have to sit tight.

I wish you all the best.
Have our ukcat scores been sent to our universities?
Original post by Kantth1
Have our ukcat scores been sent to our universities?

Yes :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by CutieTootsie
Yes :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! 😊👍🏿
Reply 1708
Original post by Abitat Eco

You from Bham?
Does anyone recommend an MMI interview course? If so, which one is the best?

Reply 1710
Original post by alde123
Does anyone recommend an MMI interview course? If so, which one is the best?

medinterview.com is the 'best' apparently, like the owner posts the personal messages she gets saying thanks from those participants who get in (on insta) but thats the opinion of someone i know, and someone else might have found it useless
But it is quite expensive, so check it out if u wanna
Original post by Sulee
medinterview.com is the 'best' apparently, like the owner posts the personal messages she gets saying thanks from those participants who get in (on insta) but thats the opinion of someone i know, and someone else might have found it useless
But it is quite expensive, so check it out if u wanna

What do you think of the MedicPortal's MMI circuit?
Reply 1712
Original post by alde123
What do you think of the MedicPortal's MMI circuit?

Well i do know that theyre the most popular, and have sold out for the first 3months, so that clearly speaks volumes, but then thats probs cuz they have the most money to advertise, and candidates who dont put their own effort in decide to go to the most renown course which happens to be that one. your money tho, dont let me influence you, do em all if u wanna. also, if ur applying to imperial, theres one called futuredoctors, ran by imperial college students
Does anybody know when universities first send out rejections?
Original post by Sulee
Well i do know that theyre the most popular, and have sold out for the first 3months, so that clearly speaks volumes, but then thats probs cuz they have the most money to advertise, and candidates who dont put their own effort in decide to go to the most renown course which happens to be that one. your money tho, dont let me influence you, do em all if u wanna. also, if ur applying to imperial, theres one called futuredoctors, ran by imperial college students

Well thanks for the advice anyway - I'll speak to some friends and see what they think.
Do you think its acceptable/doesn't cause any disadvantage to wear a burgundy shirt with a tie and a tweed jacket rather than the white shirt and tie combo (don't own a blazer/suit yet)
Original post by Janoschr
Do you think its acceptable/doesn't cause any disadvantage to wear a burgundy shirt with a tie and a tweed jacket rather than the white shirt and tie combo (don't own a blazer/suit yet)

For an interview? I think that would be acceptable, as long as it looks smart :smile:
What do we even wear for interviews (girls). Literally thinking about this now
Original post by isabella1999
What do we even wear for interviews (girls). Literally thinking about this now

Manchester university says something smart but comfortable as "we will be assessing your interest and motivation, not your dress sense". So I personally would where a nice top, blazer and pants, or a professional looking dress, tights, smart shoes and a blazer. A blazer is kind of my go to as they tend to look pretty smart :smile: hope this helps! (Also I'd avoid jeans and any graphic t-shirts).
(edited 7 years ago)
Has anyone heard anything back yet from any places about interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending