The Student Room Group

Primark Christmas Transfers???

Hi! So I've worked for Primark since April but transferred to a different Primark store in September when I moved for uni (internal transfer)
I just wondered if anybody who works or has worked for Primark before can help me out?
I overheard another transfer talking about going back to her original store for Christmas and wondered if this is a thing? Would I be able to transfer back to my home store for Christmas?
If somebody could get back to me that'd be a great help! I don't fancy asking management at my new store because they don't seem to like me.
I've worked in 3 stores and it's not worth the hassle for them, so it's a no where I've worked, and the store where my brother and his GF work also won't allow it. Me and his GF are actually risking our jobs and going home for Christmas anyway.
Original post by RachaelBee
I've worked in 3 stores and it's not worth the hassle for them, so it's a no where I've worked, and the store where my brother and his GF work also won't allow it. Me and his GF are actually risking our jobs and going home for Christmas anyway.

I'm expected to work until 6:20pm on Christmas Eve to then travel to a different city for Christmas then be back again at 8:50am Boxing Day. Bearing in mind I don't drive so will have to take the train. Wondering if it's worth the hassle.
Original post by maddisonholmes
I'm expected to work until 6:20pm on Christmas Eve to then travel to a different city for Christmas then be back again at 8:50am Boxing Day. Bearing in mind I don't drive so will have to take the train. Wondering if it's worth the hassle.

Depends how far your different city is; if I was just a city or 2 away then it would be fine, but I'm over 4 hours away. Will you even have public transport running that early in the morning on Boxing Day? I've said I refuse to work past midday on Xmas Eve and even then my Dad may have to pick me up from somewhere in the Midlands, and I can't get back to do Boxing day or the Monday Bank Holiday.
This is why i quit my job in Primark, it was an issue for me to go home for Christmas, so no. They won't let you, you may be able to transfer back to your old store but they hate people transferring backwards and forwards so I think you can only transfer once
Reply 5
i think you can do transfers for christmas but you gotta notify them in advance usually to allow them to make arrangements as they need to configure who replaces and stuff.. otherwise from looking at most primar stores where most staff are uni students - in theory more or less most of the staff would disappear at christmas to go home and the store may not hve staff left to work the store

usually best to ask around november time to managers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending