The Student Room Group

Protests all across USA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0to100
Wait what?....

I voted Brexit....and never asked for a 2nd referendum...because that's stupid...

as for remainers or British trump supporters ridiculing riots against trump, yes, thats ironic

Yes, I meant the remainers.
Original post by Sabertooth
Yes, I meant the remainers.

Ok great because you said initially "brits" when...not all brits were remainers/wanting 2nd vote; in fact most of us are not despite what tsr tells you :erm:...
Original post by 0to100
Ok great because you said initially "brits" when...not all brits were remainers/wanting 2nd vote; in fact most of us are not despite what tsr tells you :erm:...

Looking at the figures, most young Brits wanted to remain, only they were too lazy/drunk to vote so created literally hundreds of threads on here, plus stuff on facebook and twitter about how "unfair" the election was. That's what I was referring to.
Original post by 0to100

Rather post photos than links to videos I cannot embed, or which may be linking to websites or articles I do not agree with. :biggrin: But you can google "trump protests" as simply as I did and see for yourself.

I'm not there so I dunno what's going on but I can imagine hysteria sweeping the nation. hey are calling for him to be impeached.

I really feel for the Americans and for Hillary. I live in the UK but when Trump won I felt absolutely awful... must be a million times worse for them!:redface:

Spoiler

Looking at the figures, most young Brits wanted to remain, only they were too lazy/drunk to vote so created literally hundreds of threads on here, plus stuff on facebook and twitter about how "unfair" the election was. That's what I was referring to.

...??????

You need to stop speculating, Mr. Yankee. First off most brits voted brexit, simple and plain

secondly tsr is a very horrible and limited example and representation of anyone, much more an entire country

thirdly, you keep generalising about brits and brexit, then you generalise about the youth and remaining :facepalm:

Also I doubt any of those "drunk youths" took to tsr...

lastly Brexiters were mostly prejudged as being those drunk youths. Not remainers. :|
@FireFreezer77
Look at all the trouble your idol is causing already :angry:
Can someone explain to me how burning down parts of a city is a protest?

Also dont justify this behaviour with "peoples volatile emotions," It isn't understandable and it just further feeds people why people hate leftist because they act like children when govt dont change their diaper for them.
Original post by 0to100
...??????

You need to stop speculating, Mr. Yankee. First off most brits voted brexit, simple and plain

secondly tsr is a very horrible and limited example and representation of anyone, much more an entire country

thirdly, you keep generalising about brits and brexit, then you generalise about the youth and remaining :facepalm:

Also I doubt any of those "drunk youths" took to tsr...

lastly Brexiters were mostly prejudged as being those drunk youths. Not remainers. :|

I did not say that most Brits voted remain so I'm not sure why you're attempting to correct me there. I said that most young Brits supported remain only they had terribly low voter turnout. These idiots who didn't even bother to vote now spew their crap all across the internet (and some IRL protests) about how unfair the vote was.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/06/brexit-political-awakening-young-people/

You may find the graphs here interesting. :smile:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/eu-referendum-brexit-young-people-upset-by-the-outcome-of-the-eu-referendum-why-didnt-you-vote-a7105396.html This may also help highlight my point :smile: "It has been estimated that only 36 per cent of people in the 18 24 year old category voted in the EU referendum. 64 per cent of young people did not bother to take themselves down to the polling station and place their vote
"
(edited 7 years ago)
Just imagine if Hillary won :eek:
I did not say that most Brits voted remain so I'm not sure why you're attempting to correct me there.

No. Your 1st comment said:

brits have nerve correcting US about rioting when they weren't democratic themselves about Brexit.

That's what you said.

That is a generalisation because most brits didn't even want the 2nd ref because most brits were happy with Leaving because most Brits voted that way

how is that hard to understand?

Anyway I don't need to look at last minute google retrieved charts and blogs about brexit voting, you do, my friend.

And back to what you firstly said corrected yourself about remainers not showing maturity to democracy: I already said I agreed (once you backpedaled and modified your original statement) so....
Original post by FireFreezer77
Just imagine if Hillary won :eek:

If Hillary had won the world wouldn't be collectively facepalming; there were no riots after Obama's election as far as I can remember
Original post by 0to100
No. Your 1st comment said:

brits have nerve correcting US about rioting when they weren't democratic themselves about Brexit.

That's what you said.

That is a generalisation because most brits didn't even want the 2nd ref because most brits were happy with Leaving because most Brits voted that way

how is that hard to understand?

Anyway I don't need to look at last minute google retrieved charts and blogs about brexit voting, you do, my friend.

And back to what you firstly said corrected yourself about remainers not showing maturity to democracy: I already said I agreed (once you backpedaled and modified your original statement) so....

My point is not that all Brits (did I really need to write "not all Brits, but a lot of them...."?) have taken the leave vote well. There is at least one petition with over 1 million signatures calling for a second referendum, then there's Scotland trying for another referendum. My point about young people (you know, the people who actually post here) are/were vastly in favor of remain. Only 36% of those bothered to vote so really, do they have a leg to stand on when protesting and calling the vote "unfair"; I don't think so. Those same people (you know, the people who post on a student website) are now trying to act morally superior to Americans when we've both seen the kind of **** the remain camp has been pulling since June.
(edited 7 years ago)
My point is not that all Brits (did I really need to write "not all Brits, but a lot of them...."?) have taken the leave vote well. There is at least one petition with over 1 million signatures calling for a second referendum, then there's Scotland trying for another referendum. My point about young people (you know, the people who actually post here) are/were vastly in favor of remain. Only 36% of those bothered to vote so really, do they have a leg to stand on when protesting and calling the vote "unfair"; I don't think so. Those same people (you know, the people who post on a student website) are now trying to act morally superior to Americans when we've both seen the kind of **** the remain camp has been pulling since June.

Cba, this isn't even relevant to the thread
Original post by 0to100

Rather post photos than links to videos I cannot embed, or which may be linking to websites or articles I do not agree with. :biggrin: But you can google "trump protests" as simply as I did and see for yourself.

I'm not there so I dunno what's going on but I can imagine hysteria sweeping the nation. hey are calling for him to be impeached.

That pic describes exactly what I do when my toaster stops working.
Original post by sunshine774
I really feel for the Americans and for Hillary. I live in the UK but when Trump won I felt absolutely awful... must be a million times worse for them!:redface:

Spoiler

i feel it's gonna get worse, love, this is only day 1

they need to stay strong and use the anger constructively and IMPEACH
They would be trembling with fear in their underground bunkers.
Obama was a legend!
Original post by FireFreezer77
They would be trembling with fear in their underground bunkers.
Obama was a legend!

You mean like how pretty much everyone who isn't white in the USA is now probably wishing they could?

I can't believe someone like you could support someone like him...
At least he's actually popular over there :wink:

:tongue:
I did not say that most Brits voted remain so I'm not sure why you're attempting to correct me there. I said that most young Brits supported remain only they had terribly low voter turnout. These idiots who didn't even bother to vote now spew their crap all across the internet (and some IRL protests) about how unfair the vote was.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/06/brexit-political-awakening-young-people/

You may find the graphs here interesting. :smile:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/eu-referendum-brexit-young-people-upset-by-the-outcome-of-the-eu-referendum-why-didnt-you-vote-a7105396.html This may also help highlight my point :smile: "It has been estimated that only 36 per cent of people in the 18 24 year old category voted in the EU referendum. 64 per cent of young people did not bother to take themselves down to the polling station and place their vote
"

I don't think this has to do with laziness though.
Original post by I'mJustSomeGuy
That pic describes exactly what I do when my toaster stops working.

You burn your trash? Wtf?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending