The Student Room Group

Should Michelle Obama run for president in 2020?

Scroll to see replies

Michelle Obama would make an excellent presidential candidate but it will not happen in 2020. I think she will run and probably win in 2024
Yeah defo
Original post by Whitewell
What experience does she have in politics other than being the First Lady? Isnt this one of the reasons Donald Trump is seen as unqualified?

If the election has proved anything it's that qualifications are totally irrelevant

Original post by retro_turtles
Joe biden

YES
No, she shouldn't.
We presume that she would be a good president, because she is Barrack's wife.

Barack Obama is responsible for destruction of Libya, supporting Al-Queda (Daesh in Syrian war) and the fact that ISIS was not yet destroyed (that's Turkey's fault as well, and US should have done something with that).

He didn't do anything with a fact that Turkey puts more jurnalists to prisons than Russia, nor he didn't do anything with a fact that Saudi arabia supports terrorism.
The Ukrainian crisis is also partly a fault of the western influence.
Obama has vastly increased US debt and runned irresponsible foreign policy which has effected in destabilisation of the Middle East, and conflict between the West and Russia.
(edited 7 years ago)
I defo think so!!! She is more than capable of it, in fact I am a bit upset that she didn't run this year-that way she did not have to leave the White House....

But LOOOOOL-guys can we please remember that Kanye West will also be running in 2020.......if she does run, you'll know who the winner will be, unless of course America is yet again delusional and chooses Kanye the same way they chose Donald Trump....
Wait America already has had a first female president.

Her name is Barack Obama.
Obviously...
Original post by junayd1998

this is basically why im excited for 2020. i will actually move to america and vote for kanye then come back to the uk. but im muslim, so i'll get deported
Original post by Drewski
Can you name many other prominent Democrats who'd be in a position to run in about 18 months / 2 year's time?

bernie
No, she doesn't have political experience, she doesn't have business experience, what does she offer apart from being a President's wife?
Reply 30
Original post by Trapz99
No, she doesn't have political experience, she doesn't have business experience, what does she offer apart from being a President's wife?

A damn good speech :smile:
She will have to beat Kanye West to the nomination...
Original post by Trapz99

She'd have a damn good support system; if she were to run (like i said before, she doesn't want to), win. and then turned out to be completely incompetent she'd have a pretty strong support system in the form of her husband. She could literally be a puppet (not that I'd like that or saying it would be necessary) and do a better job than I predict Trump will.
Original post by Willy Pete
Just to go on to prove how corrupt the US system is?

Why would she make a better candidate than the millions of other women in the US, because she married the right guy?

Had she run, she would have won easily.

Talking about how "good" a "candidate" is just after Trump won is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard today. And there were a lot.
Reply 34
Trump won because people felt they needed change, so I don't see how going back to the path they wanted off will happen
Reply 35
It will be interesting )))
Original post by Shipreck
bernie

Bernie Sanders will be 79 on the day of the 2021 inauguration.

Trump only stood a chance this time because both the Democrats were so old. Reagan's age was a major factor in the 1980 election and he was a year younger than Trump and became the oldest President on starting his term. The issue reappeared when there were questions about his mental capacity in his second term. Age simply couldn't be used as an issue.

It is very possible that Trump won't run for re-election particularly if its a contested primary.
Original post by yudothis
Had she run, she would have won easily.

Talking about how "good" a "candidate" is just after Trump won is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard today. And there were a lot.

Trump won hearts and minds, he was the better candidate.
Reply 38
Original post by Willy Pete
Trump won hearts and minds, he was the better candidate.

But when it's between a douche bag and a turd sandwich that doesn't mean much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by retro_turtles
Joe biden

as in the politician the Victim in the Brock Turner case? ( IN THAT CASE YES!!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending