The Student Room Group

Which foods do you loathe?

Scroll to see replies

I loaf bread
Tea, haggis and cucumber. The smell or taste of any of them, as we say in Scotland, 'gees me the boak' :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 42
Omg same! Its horrible
Original post by Leviathan1741
I don't like fish (tuna is okay, but I don't like salmon for example), both the taste and the smell of it. I also don't like bananas (I'll eat them though, reluctantly), sprouts, eggs, cheese, basically all the things that are meant to be good for me :lol:

I also hate Turkish delight for some reason, it just tastes terrible to me, however my mum loves it :tongue:

Nut-flavoured Turkish delight is amazing. But that's only really found in Turkey I think.

Also salmon is way better than tuna :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Quiche.
Original post by NotNotBatman
Quiche.

They're actually pretty nice. :smile:
Original post by Illimitable
They're actually pretty nice. :smile:

I can't stand it! It's like uncooked eggs with cheese. and I'm not a big fan of cheese, especially if it's mild.
Original post by NotNotBatman
I can't stand it! It's like uncooked eggs with cheese. and I'm not a big fan of cheese, especially if it's mild.

Ah at first I hated it but now it's not too bad. :smile:
Marmite
Original post by Leviathan1741
I don't like fish (tuna is okay, but I don't like salmon for example), both the taste and the smell of it. I also don't like bananas (I'll eat them though, reluctantly), sprouts, eggs, cheese, basically all the things that are meant to be good for me :lol:

I also hate Turkish delight for some reason, it just tastes terrible to me, however my mum loves it :tongue:

Turkish Delight tastes like perfume smells, I'm guessing it's roses or something. Strange stuff. I like it though.
I just can't stand apples, even though I love apple juice. Corned beef is pretty nasty too.
Also, I know this might sound weird, but while I love all sorts of cheese, I hate anything that's 'cheesy'. What I mean by that is anything that has a fake, artificial cheesy taste. Stuff like macaroni and cheese or anything else involving cheese sauce, cheesy crisps (though to be honest I've never liked crisps full stop), processed American cheese (unless it's on a burger), those Mini Cheddar things, and suchlike.
(edited 7 years ago)
I can't stand mayonnaise :laugh: It's so hard to buy a decent meal deal!
Reply 52
Original post by CorpusLuteum
I loaf bread

This is such an underrated post :lol:

Is human flesh a food? :lolwut:
I can't think of anything.

Is that bad?
Original post by Reality Check
Thank you. I've just looked it up on the basis of that. Sounds horrid:

Some people regard the durian as having a pleasantly sweet fragrance; others find the aroma overpowering with an unpleasant odour. The smell evokes reactions from deep appreciation to intense disgust, and has been described variously as rotten onions, turpentine, and raw sewage. The persistence of its odour, which may linger for several days, has led to the fruit's banishment from certain hotels and public transportation in Southeast Asia. [Wikipedia]

I'm sure that's the one which was described as smelling like a stinky sock, euw!
Original post by Wilfred Little
Turkish Delight tastes like perfume smells, I'm guessing it's roses or something. Strange stuff. I like it though.

Yes, a perfumed flavour. Do you like cardamon seeds, or do you find them similarly 'perfumed'?
Coffee but thats a hot drink not a food.
I don't like fish much.
I don't like fried eggs
I don't like sausages
I don't like mayonnaise
I don't like marmite
I don't like lychees
I don't like beef
I don't like.... uh-oh I feel like this list goes on

I'm not fussy. I just have selective choices :tongue:
Original post by Conceited
I can't think of anything.

Is that bad?

You are lucky!!!
Smoked Salmon (and probably Sushi, raw fish) and cream cheese, also really smelly blue cheese.
Original post by Reality Check
Yes, a perfumed flavour. Do you like cardamon seeds, or do you find them similarly 'perfumed'?

I like them and use them all the time in curries and in rice.

Quick Reply

Latest