The Student Room Group

References

Hello!

I'm a British International School, but my school doesn't have a UCAS code, it won't arrive in time for my application so I had to register as a student, and have to get the references etc. all myself. My issues is that on UCAS it only allows me to fill in a reference for one person, but if I have 2-3 teachers, and more subjects, how can I put the reference from them in there, with my grade predictions, which will be neccesary for me to apply to unis?

Regards.
Original post by JustANormalGuy
Hello!

I'm a British International School, but my school doesn't have a UCAS code, it won't arrive in time for my application so I had to register as a student, and have to get the references etc. all myself. My issues is that on UCAS it only allows me to fill in a reference for one person, but if I have 2-3 teachers, and more subjects, how can I put the reference from them in there, with my grade predictions, which will be neccesary for me to apply to unis?

Regards.

You need one referee who will co-ordinate short subject references from each of your subject tutors. THAT is the person that you submit as your single reference.
Original post by PQ
You need one referee who will co-ordinate short subject references from each of your subject tutors. THAT is the person that you submit as your single reference.

Thank you, i have one more question tho, can one of my teachers coordinate the references or it has to be someone who is not teaching me?
Also I have a subject which i study alone, with no teachers, how can I get a grade prediction for that?...
Thank you, i have one more question tho, can one of my teachers coordinate the references or it has to be someone who is not teaching me?
Also I have a subject which i study alone, with no teachers, how can I get a grade prediction for that?...

That's up to your teachers and you to decide - the person compiling your reference can be anyone who is able to coordinate things.

The same applied for your self-study subject - you need to speak to your teachers to see if they're happy including a predicted grade from you in your reference. They will have to put their professional name to your reference and your predictions so they need to be comfortable with what is included.
Original post by PQ
That's up to your teachers and you to decide - the person compiling your reference can be anyone who is able to coordinate things.

The same applied for your self-study subject - you need to speak to your teachers to see if they're happy including a predicted grade from you in your reference. They will have to put their professional name to your reference and your predictions so they need to be comfortable with what is included.

Thanks, one last question, i just checked UCAS and there is no space for the 4,000 character long reference, how do I exactly link it, or post it, or what will happen?
Thanks, one last question, i just checked UCAS and there is no space for the 4,000 character long reference, how do I exactly link it, or post it, or what will happen?

You give the contact details of your referee.

UCAS will email them with instructions on how to log in and provide the reference

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending