The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by guptkhalsa84
Worried! Not heard anything back yet
Applied for both Grad and Undergrad programs, 703 in the UKCAT with SJT band 2
Currently undergoing BSc Optometry but not the best A Levels with ABC and a c in as chem sadly! GCSEs were better 8A*'s some A's and 2B's in English lang and lit (let downs!)
Currently working at St Thomas' hospital (partner to kings)
Fingers are crossed!!!

As a grad they don't look at your A levels unless they don't feel there's a lot of chemistry/biology in your degree. If your degree has a decent amount of biology/chemistry I wouldn't worry about your A level results. I got exactly the same lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eemooz
are there any other any graduates applying to a100 at kings?

Yup. We're in the same boat my friend :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eemooz
oh hi! I think youre the first one I have seen on this thread, or maybe others havent made it so clear lol.

I havent heard anything either, but dont worry, someone mentioned that graduates get interviewed in January so technically we wont hear back till mid December earliest?

What are your stats if you dont mind me asking :smile:

The A102 course doesn't interview until January - I'm an international applying to A100 so my interview is by default end of January .
Original post by guptkhalsa84
Wow! What department may I ask lol! and best of luck to you too!

I'm a final year undergrad working on my research project in imaging sciences:smile:
Reply 724
Original post by greys-anatomy
ahhh congrats man - do you mind me asking what your stats are?

Thanks :-) I got 710 in my UKCAT, 8A*s and 4A's at GCSE, and A*AA in my a levels! I was really suprised to be honest because I know there are people on here with much better stats! they call their process 'holistic' though and I think my personal statement was relatively ok as I spent so much time on it! But anyway hopefully I'll give some hope to other people with higher scores than me though haha! Good luck!!
To those of you with interviews, when did you submit your UCAS application? I want to see if King's is sticking to their 6-week decision policy.
Reply 726
Original post by neuralgal
Well, that got me started. Read through a lot of FOIs so if anybody has questions, fire away!

A*?? I thought the offers would be AAA
Reply 727
Original post by tsr120
A*?? I thought the offers would be AAA

usually it is AAA, but it can be A*AA max.
Reply 728
will King's send out interviews any day now. cos I haven't heard anyone get one yesterday, only two to three days ago people got interviews
Reply 729
Our skl did AS although the sciences were linear. is that an advantage. cos we actually sat exams
Reply 730
Original post by 11...
will King's send out interviews any day now. cos I haven't heard anyone get one yesterday, only two to three days ago people got interviews

Their IT sistem broke down again! Tomorrow after 7 they will start back again to giving interviews
Reply 731
Original post by Adalier
Their IT sistem broke down again! Tomorrow after 7 they will start back again to giving interviews

how do you know????????????????????????
Reply 732
does kings look at SJT
Original post by Adalier

serious????????
Reply 734
Original post by 11...
how do you know????????????????????????

i rang them, lady said they are trying to fix it, hopefully tomorrow evening they will be back on track she said
Original post by 11...
does kings look at SJT

Yes I think so.
On the open day I remember them saying like that they wanted band 1 or 2 and don't accept band 4
You'd need to check with them though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DibbyDabby
Yes I think so.
On the open day I remember them saying like that they wanted band 1 or 2 and don't accept band 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

i heard this too.
Yes I think so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep I also vouch for this, heard this in the open day too - you can check UKCAT website to see how unis use SJT
Reply 738
Yes I think so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

do they accept band 3.
Reply 739
I can log on to the portal, so how come ppl are saying the system is down. is it as in they can't send invitations for interview through

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending