The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by Jamiebb1993
I'm also wondering seeing as you guys seem to know a lot about the CS.. I've been offered an EO job at the Dept for Education. They're just doing the typical pre-employment checks before sending a formal offer.

What is the protocol if I accept the job and then I get offered a HEO with HMRC?

I really don't know what to do 😩😩

Jamie, if you are lucky enough to be offered the HEO job after accepting the EO job, that would be not an issue as its a higher grade and also a different department. if it was the same grade and department then you would be not allowed to move for at least 2 years.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 981
I think the results should start comin in this week all the best
Reply 982
Original post by hco786
I think the results should start comin in this week all the best

We still have the sweep up interviews to go
Reply 983
I do wish they would give us some kind of indication of when the results will be out . Even if they just said week commencing....

At the moment I dont know whether it will be today or in 3 weeks time. Not very good for you guys who are applying for multiple roles.
Reply 984
Original post by ZB5678
I do wish they would give us some kind of indication of when the results will be out . Even if they just said week commencing....

At the moment I dont know whether it will be today or in 3 weeks time. Not very good for you guys who are applying for multiple roles.

Well I wasn't told first week in December so certainly not expecting anything before Thursday but know it will probably be next week
Reply 985
Which loation for sweep ups
I have emailed this evening asking when to expect results to be issued in my location (Liverpool). See what they say.
(edited 7 years ago)
Have any of the internal guys heard anything today ? I seem to remember someone saying that they were due an update today.
Reply 988
Original post by daveireland20
Have any of the internal guys heard anything today ? I seem to remember someone saying that they were due an update today.

Yup, received an email today stating that due 'to a huge transformation' and 're-organising' they are not in a position to update us on our applications or let us know when theyll be able to. An absolute joke.
Reply 989
Original post by N-Dulge
Yup, received an email today stating that due 'to a huge transformation' and 're-organising' they are not in a position to update us on our applications or let us know when theyll be able to. An absolute joke.

Fantastic !
Original post by N-Dulge

It would have been nice for them to email the candidates when they knew they would not be able to let us know when they said.

What strikes me as odd is that the whole start of the campaign with the informative candidate packs, the job description and the ability to choose an interview slot online, combined with the professionalism and friendliness of the interviewers was absolutey perfect, and made the experience very exciting and seemed like HMRC was an unbeatable place to work. But the endgame lets the campaign down. There has been a severe lack of communication regarding the outcome of our interviews and it seems that everyone has been told different things leading to great confusion and stress as we drift towards the unknown - it just doesn't seem to fit with how great everything else is.

I was expecting to find out my interview outcome end of last week, which is what I was specifically told in the interview. They have failed to meet this and I am now stuck in limbo waiting for the now overdue outcome to arrive in my inbox.

Plus that email you received is not very detailed and is the kind of thing that leads to speculation. I just hope there are still the jobs available and they have not suddenly been told they have to make cuts or anything like that. Either that or they are recruiting even more people than first thought. Or it could be that everyone has scored highly and it is almost impossible to choose candidates - they want us all. Who knows?

The wait goes on. The sleepless nights go on. When will this end....
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 991
end of this week
Reply 992
Original post by tookitallin
It would have been nice for them to email the candidates when they knew they would not be able to let us know when they said.

What strikes me as odd is that the whole start of the campaign with the informative candidate packs, the job description and the ability to choose an interview slot online, combined with the professionalism and friendliness of the interviewers was absolutey perfect, and made the experience very exciting and seemed like HMRC was an unbeatable place to work. But the endgame lets the campaign down. There has been a severe lack of communication regarding the outcome of our interviews and it seems that everyone has been told different things leading to great confusion and stress as we drift towards the unknown - it just doesn't seem to fit with how great everything else is.

I was expecting to find out my interview outcome end of last week, which is what I was specifically told in the interview. They have failed to meet this and I am now stuck in limbo waiting for the now overdue outcome to arrive in my inbox.

Plus that email you received is not very detailed and is the kind of thing that leads to speculation. I just hope there are still the jobs available and they have not suddenly been told they have to make cuts or anything like that. Either that or they are recruiting even more people than first thought. Or it could be that everyone has scored highly and it is almost impossible to choose candidates - they want us all. Who knows?

The wait goes on. The sleepless nights go on. When will this end....

Ive already received my interview scores.. 6567 ... the previous email stated that yesterday we would find out whether we had been offered a position or were going to be wait listed. but instead I received an email full of excuses and no further information on when we'd find out as they dont know how many positions are going to be available. its a national campaign so i dont think it has anything to do with specific offices, and im going to assume everyone who met the minimum requirements for interview has received the same email.
I applied internally FYI.
Are you an internal or external candidate?
Reply 994
Original post by N-Dulge
Ive already received my interview scores.. 6567 ... the previous email stated that yesterday we would find out whether we had been offered a position or were going to be wait listed. but instead I received an email full of excuses and no further information on when we'd find out as they dont know how many positions are going to be available. its a national campaign so i dont think it has anything to do with specific offices, and im going to assume everyone who met the minimum requirements for interview has received the same email.
I applied internally FYI.

Have any externals had an e mail? Either none of us passed the interview or they havent dealt with externals yet ??
Original post by ZB5678
Have any externals had an e mail? Either none of us passed the interview or they havent dealt with externals yet ??

I don't think any of the externals have had an email yet.

And I would have thought they would let the people who weren't successful know first, as someone said earlier that they score candidates at the end of each interview. Either way, they wouldn't make people wait longer than they need to.

I am guessing that they don't know exactly how many positions are available, as something has happened (which explains why the emails for externals are late and internals have had a non-specific email explaining there is a delay) so they are unable to decide the minimum pass mark for interview until they know how many they can take on. At the end of the day, no one has failed the interview until they are told they have, so fingers crossed everyone. Time to hibernate for a while
Reply 996
They've never emailed different locations separately, we've received all communication as a batch and I expect the next email will be the same. Congratulations please wait for further communication this does not constitute an offer/ sorry but due to the high caliber you were unsuccessful etc.

As there are interviews monday I don't expect to hear anything until the end of next week at the earliest
(edited 7 years ago)
Are you an internal or external candidate?
Original post by Husk24
Jamie, if you are lucky enough to be offered the HEO job after accepting the EO job, that would be not an issue as its a higher grade and also a different department. if it was the same grade and department then you would be not allowed to move for at least 2 years.

You can't switch between departments if it's the same grade for at least 2 years????
I had my interview Friday 4th Nov. and asked when to expect an outcome. I was told definitely not until the end of November, possibly into December. Was also told that positions may not start until into January. The wait is killing me. I have stopped checking my email and this thread so much, and trying my best to put it at the back of my mind otherwise I will literally go round the twist!

Latest

Trending

Trending