The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by carpenoctem
Fingers crossed! According to the TSR thread concerning how the colleges use the BMAT, Caius says that successful applicants have either AAA/AAB. I'm pretty sure I fall into AAB at the moment (unless the boundaries get pushed up) so maybe we'll manage to scrape through!

Hopefully! I think Downing is similar, hopefully its all good :smile:
Anyone got a Downing interview? Heard something about them not emailing UK applicants and only sending letters... The suspense! :redface:
What is an A for Cambridge?
I got 6.9, 5.1 and 2.5A and waiting for Caius to reply. Really hope i get an interview 😊
Reply 364
I only got the courage to look at my score a few minutes ago and I got 5.2, 4.3 and 3A. Even though I have reasons for my S2 score being the way it is, I only let the universities I applied to know about them today because I didn't want to cause problems before I was sure there were some, so the likelihood of the them considering the extenuating circumstances is close to zero. I am really sad about the whole situation and I feel so embarrassed for even applying to Cambridge. I bet the admissions team will at least have a good laugh when they see this score.
Congrats to all of you, I hope you will all get the chance to study the subject you love.
I know guys who have gotten in with less than 95% UMS. I think what they are looking for is:
a) A passion for medicine and a comprehensive understanding of being a doctor and what it will take as well as some exploration in a specific area u enjoy seems to be required
b) Good scientific knowledge as well as an abstract way in thinking which allows you to tackle problems faster and more accurately than your peers
for cambridge it seems 3* is average-they can't ask for more due to colleges.
Original post by splle
I only got the courage to look at my score a few minutes ago and I got 5.2, 4.3 and 3A. Even though I have reasons for my S2 score being the way it is, I only let the universities I applied to know about them today because I didn't want to cause problems before I was sure there were some, so the likelihood of the them considering the extenuating circumstances is close to zero. I am really sad about the whole situation and I feel so embarrassed for even applying to Cambridge. I bet the admissions team will at least have a good laugh when they see this score.
Congrats to all of you, I hope you will all get the chance to study the subject you love.

Dude its okay i got scores similar to that and recieved an interview at emma so should be fine
anyone applying for emma?
Original post by hey(:
Any international applicants for emmanuel!

yeah man!!! omg so good 2 someone else...thought everyone else waas ignoring me
howd the bmat go?
Original post by Teejas
Congratulations! I received one from Newnham!

Have u received ur confirmed date for the interview?
Original post by Metal Warrior
Same, any idea as to when they send interviews?

No clue, hopefully soon.
Original post by DONKKONG11
anyone applying for emma?

Me 😃 have you had any news back?
(edited 7 years ago)
I got an interview from Clare woo! I thought I wasn't gonna get one tbh cos my BMAT scores were 5.2 5.3 3A but I'm so happy that I did :biggrin:
Original post by cutekitten2017
I got an interview from Clare woo! I thought I wasn't gonna get one tbh cos my BMAT scores were 5.2 5.3 3A but I'm so happy that I did :biggrin:

Woooo Clare!! I'm actually so curious about how many of us applied this year - I bet it was loads more than last year! I hope I have a chance of an offer though - anyone know how Clare uses it/ what is considered a good score?
Original post by cutekitten2017

Haha probs should mention - so did I!
Original post by Moodicrus
6A*s 6As at GCSE
AAAA at AS, no UMS for Bio,Chem or Economics but I was highest in my year ( which has over 300 people) my maths UMS was 281/300 though which is only 93.7% but it was 3rd in my year. My BMAT scores are normally around 6-6.6 though. I know it says 'GCSE content' but I already feel at a disadvantage against those who took physics at AS cos this stuff comes naturally to them. So I think I've come to term that I'm not likely to get in but I've got 3 other unis to think about :smile:

How do do BMAT go????
Original post by I can do this
Haha probs should mention - so did I!

YAAAYYY omg we're one step closer to getting into Cambridge!! I'm guessing anything above 5 is good? None of my results were higher than 5.5 loll
Original post by gagandeep07
Me 😃 have you had any news back?

yeah m8 got an interview on the 7th wbu?
Reply 378
Original post by manobhni
Have u received ur confirmed date for the interview?

Nope..I only know it will be on the 8th or 9th
Reply 379
Anyone applied to st catharines heard back??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending