The Student Room Group

Cambridge Rejects 2017

hi
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I am from Portugal and I received my rejection letter on monday, I didn't get an interview :frown:
Subject: Mathematical Tripos (maths with physics) on Murray Edwards

(grades in portugal are from 0 to 20)
My grades are 19 in physics, chemistry and philosophy, 18 in maths, 17 in english, 16 in biology, geology and portuguese
Predicted grades: 19 in maths and physics, 18 in programming and 16 in portuguese (in the last year we only have 4 subjects)

I have a big curriculum outside school in physics, maths, and astronomy (and in music)

Now I have an interview on Imperial and Southampton and I hope the answer from UCL is also good :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Should have made it "Oxbridge Rejects" so us folk who have or are pretty sure we will be rejected from Oxford can join in too
Reply 3
Original post by TrystWithDestiny
Is there a way i can change the title thread - sorry, I'm a noob at this 😂😂

I'd leave it as is - Oxbridge isn't really a thing, and I'm sure The Other Place will have (or has) it's own equivalent thread :smile:

Have you been rejected?
Reply 4
Is there a way i can change the title thread - sorry, I'm a noob at this 😂😂

Haha dw I've not got a clue either! Never bothered to make a thread, maybe just edit the OP to say Oxbridge
Original post by AfcFob
Should have made it "Oxbridge Rejects" so us folk who have or are pretty sure we will be rejected from Oxford can join in too

Dw, I'll make an equivalent thread for us sometime next week, when I get rejected :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
No, fortunately I recieved an invitation to interview last night to Jesus College!

g1391743628670189203.jpg.png

(Congrats! :smile:

Have you updated the interview tracking spreadsheet?
In the OP here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3164815 )
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
g1391743628670189203.jpg.png

(Congrats! :smile:

Have you updated the interview tracking spreadsheet?
In the OP here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3164815 )

Just a question? where do you get these doge memes? they are great :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by wolfmoon88
Just a question? where do you get these doge memes? they are great :tongue:

Google Images :smile:

Doge-google.jpg
Original post by jneill
Google Images :smile:

Doge-google.jpg

Lol thought there was a special place where you got those images... but I guess google is special enough

Reply 10
Original post by wolfmoon88
Dw, I'll make an equivalent thread for us sometime next week, when I get rejected :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was going to say I would but okay make sure you tag me in it as I'm pretty sure my rejection is comping in the next week
Original post by AfcFob
Was going to say I would but okay make sure you tag me in it as I'm pretty sure my rejection is comping in the next week

Will do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't be downhearted!! UCL and Imperial are still amazing uni,s so don't worry, I'm sure you'll get them. Good luck with the interviews !

I'm not :smile: I cried when I received the rejection letter but now I'm even more motivated for the interviews at Imperial and Southampton, I am also really nervous because I am still waiting for the answer from UCL.
Thanks! :smile:
Reply 13
Joining the club! Medicine -Peterhouse
Peterhouse Engineering reject (not invited for interview) 😕

12A* GCSEs
4 A grade AS levels in Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths
Arkwright Engineering Scholar
Engineering Education Sheme Participant
Headstart Course Engineering Placement at Cambridge
Talent 2030 Prize Winner
Crest Award Holder
Run School STEM society

Have asked for feedback from them, I can only think I messed up the ENGAA
Reply 15
Original post by Millyprice98
Peterhouse Engineering reject (not invited for interview) 😕

12A* GCSEs
4 A grade AS levels in Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths
Arkwright Engineering Scholar
Engineering Education Sheme Participant
Headstart Course Engineering Placement at Cambridge
Talent 2030 Prize Winner
Crest Award Holder
Run School STEM society

Have asked for feedback from them, I can only think I messed up the ENGAA

:frown:

What was your Maths and FM UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
90% average - I guess that might have had something to with it. I hoped the rest of my application might make up for it though along with the fact that I had a mock interview with an engineering academic from another top university that said my Personal Satement and my application as a whole was extremely strong.

On the bright side I've got 3 offers from other good universities (including my second favourite of Southampton) and waiting on an answer from Durham so I'm not too downhearted.
Reply 17
Original post by Millyprice98
90% average - I guess that might have had something to with it. I hoped the rest of my application might make up for it though along with the fact that I had a mock interview with an engineering academic from another top university that said my Personal Satement and my application as a whole was extremely strong.

On the bright side I've got 3 offers from other good universities (including my second favourite of Southampton) and waiting on an answer from Durham so I'm not too downhearted.

Yes perhaps, and it might depend on individual modules too. But it's great to hear you have offers from excellent universities.

Onwards and upwards :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Yes perhaps, and it might depend on individual modules too. But it's great to hear you have offers from excellent universities.

Onwards and upwards :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes thanks, I think having some other offers already did help and I'm not as disappointed as I thought I would be.
My friends all have offers, one of my best friends has 4 offers and a cambridge interview. Here I am, no offers and Cambridge rejection :') I thought my predicted (IB 44) was good enough, but I must've messed up my NSAA and must have a pretty weak statement. Totally coping and don't want to cry, nope!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending