The Student Room Group

Adult nursing interview at UWE.

Hi all, very new to this. I have an interview at UWE on the 15th December. Has anyone got any tips or advice? I have heard it is a group activity and maths/english tests? Is this correct. Thanks in advance.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've got my interview then too but for child nursing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kirsty T-H
Hi all, very new to this. I have an interview at UWE on the 15th December. Has anyone got any tips or advice? I have heard it is a group activity and maths/english tests? Is this correct. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Please see the announcement RE discussing interview details: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=640&a=1816

We can't really say exactly what will happen at interview, not only because it would give some people an unfair advantage, but also because all universities run their interview days quite differently. Go prepared for a full-on 1-1 interview, as well as lots of group activities, and the Maths/English tests and then you will have all bases covered.

I can offer some generic advice though:

- Make sure you fully understand the role of an adult/children's/mental health/learning disability nurse
- Research about the university and their facilities, and about the latest nursing news. (BBC Health News is a good place to look)
- Understand the basics of the NMC Code of Conduct (2015) and the NHS Constitution (2013) as you may be asked about these, or you may want to refer to them in your answers - which would come across very well
- Practice answers to questions you are likely to be asked
- Do some sample Maths and English tests (Papers can be found on Brighton and Birmingham City University's websites. Other universities may also provide their own)
- Maintain good posture and eye contact, and remember the tone of voice which you are speaking in. Speak clearly and slowly
- Remember that it's ok to ask to come back to a question at the end or ask for a minute to think about your answer. You are better to take your time and give a really good answer than blurt out something mediocre
- Actively listen as much as you talk. This is particularly important in group interview scenarios.

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask

Best Wishes
Joel
Reply 3

I've got an interview on the same day! Went to a practice interview at UWE and it was quite relaxed. We did some group activities as well as speak to current students and admissions tutors.

They said to be confident, positive, polite, inclusive and knowledgable. They don't expect you to know everything about nursing but at least understand the values, qualities and roles of a nurse.

You have an hour to sit the numeracy and literacy test. The maths is level 2 and the literacy will be a very vague question but is marked on quality and experience.

Hope this helps! x

Hi! I also have a interview at 8:30am at UWE on the 15th :smile: x
have you done a lot of revision?

Original post by ameliaroberts9
Hi! I also have a interview at 8:30am at UWE on the 15th :smile: x
are you from bristol?

Original post by LouKou
I've got an interview on the same day! Went to a practice interview at UWE and it was quite relaxed. We did some group activities as well as speak to current students and admissions tutors.

They said to be confident, positive, polite, inclusive and knowledgable. They don't expect you to know everything about nursing but at least understand the values, qualities and roles of a nurse.

You have an hour to sit the numeracy and literacy test. The maths is level 2 and the literacy will be a very vague question but is marked on quality and experience.

Hope this helps! x
Reply 7
Original post by Lovelivelife
are you from bristol?

Not originally, I live here now.

What about you? :smile:
yes and i have my interview on Thursday
Original post by LouKou
Not originally, I live here now.

What about you? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Lovelivelife
yes and i have my interview on Thursday

Oh nice one! Good luck ^_^
what time is it?

I had my UWE interview yesterday and thought it was lovely! Although I didn't like the numeracy test, but if you revise the sample they give you it'll be fine x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Anyone heard back from UWE after their interviews??
Original post by LouKou
Anyone heard back from UWE after their interviews??

Nope! They said they would try and get them out by yesterday and if we didn't hear anything to assume it'd be after Christmas x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Hi I had my interview on the 15th as well. They gave me an offer the same day about two hours later x
Original post by ab_97
Hi I had my interview on the 15th as well. They gave me an offer the same day about two hours later x

You're so lucky, what's your branch? Are you glenside or Gloucester? X
Reply 16

Adult nursing at glenside campus :smile:
Original post by ab_97
Adult nursing at glenside campus :smile:

I'm glenside too but MH :smile: x
Reply 18
Original post by ab_97

Yay congrats! I got an offer too! This is exciting :smile: x
well done what time was your interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending