The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Mental health nursing UCLAN 2017

Anyone going to march 2017 nursing course for mental health I've just accepted my place ?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amberarnold
Anyone going to march 2016 nursing course for mental health I've just accepted my place ?

Hi, just wondering if you mean 2017?

Molly
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by mollycronshaw
Hi, just wondering if you mean 2017?

Molly

Yes thankyou for pointing that out! 😂😂, no wonder no one was replying xxxxx
Anyone going to march 2017 nursing course for mental health I've just accepted my place ?

Yes, I am! Are you going to be living in halls or do you live close by?
Reply 4
Original post by gabisinger
Yes, I am! Are you going to be living in halls or do you live close by?

I'm going to live in halls pm me sooooo exciting !!!!
I accepted my offer last Thursday :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by monkhelz82

Could anyone please tell me more about their selection day/interview? Was the maths test hard? How many questions were there? Also how was the 1-1 interview, what did they ask you? I have mine coming up soon an i'm dead nervous!!
Original post by Timaa18
Could anyone please tell me more about their selection day/interview? Was the maths test hard? How many questions were there? Also how was the 1-1 interview, what did they ask you? I have mine coming up soon an i'm dead nervous!!

The maths test was very basic, similar to the sample questions sent with the invite and the English test was writing about a scenario they give you. You have 20 minutes for each. They don't expect you to get full marks on the maths, it is an indication of you being able to do the maths required when it comes to drug calculations. The 1:1 interview was really friendly, asking values based questions and finding out a bit about why you want to become a nurse and again a scenario based question. They will check your photo ID and qualifications before the interview too.

I was very nervous but was made to feel at ease by the selection team.

Good Luck!
Reply 8

Is this for March 2017 intakes? I have my interview on 3rd March! Late I know 🙈 how did the interview go? How were the math and english tests?
Original post by Dawb1993
Is this for March 2017 intakes? I have my interview on 3rd March! Late I know 🙈 how did the interview go? How were the math and english tests?

The maths test was just basic arithmatic and the English test was a scenario based question. I found the maths test was very similar to example ones that can be found online.

The interview was ok I found. Some questions about why you want to do the course, examples of how you've had to deal with stressful situations and I think another scenario based question. It seemed quite informal and friendly so not to nerve wracking!
Reply 10

Hi, just wondering if you remember how long it took for uclan to get back to u after the interview.

Thanks
I have my interview tomorrow 🙈🙈🙈
Reply 12
I have my interview tomorrow 🙈🙈🙈

Oh! Best of luck!!!!

I had mine on Wednesday the 22nd of Feb @ 13.00. Am just waiting now to find out if it's a Yes or a No, but hoping seriously it's a yes.
The wait is so nerve racking :frown:
What intake have u applied for? I applied for Sept 2017 but think the university still has places on the March 2017 course.
Hope all goes well for you today :smile:
Original post by Olomo1
Oh! Best of luck!!!!

I had mine on Wednesday the 22nd of Feb @ 13.00. Am just waiting now to find out if it's a Yes or a No, but hoping seriously it's a yes.
The wait is so nerve racking :frown:
What intake have u applied for? I applied for Sept 2017 but think the university still has places on the March 2017 course.
Hope all goes well for you today :smile:

Hi

I have applied for March so it really is scary! How did you get on on yours? Was it hard?
Reply 14
Hi

I have applied for March so it really is scary! How did you get on on yours? Was it hard?

The lecturers made it a lot more comfortable and less stressful as possible in my view.

Did Salford few weeks ago and most say Uclan lectures seemed more student friendly.

Am sure u will be fine! Hard, think depends on the individual. Go into it with a clear mindset and fingers crossed we'll all get a positive outcome :smile:
Reply 15
Hi

I got an offer through today and UCAS has already been updated as well...

So guess didn't do badly! :smile:
Original post by Olomo1
Hi, just wondering if you remember how long it took for uclan to get back to u after the interview.

Thanks

Sorry, just seen this. It was about a week wait. Are you going with September or March?
Reply 17
Sorry, just seen this. It was about a week wait. Are you going with September or March?

No worries! Thanks for replying. My offer came through within 2 days of the interview.

My offer is for Sept 17 intake so got few months till then...
Has anyone had their hall offers through yet?? I've had my flat and room... it's so scary only 3 weeks today..!!
I have accepted my unconditional place for September, where are people thinking or looking at for accommodation?

Any recommendations from anyone as i'm in the middle of looking and not sure which one to go to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending