The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Am I allowed to talk about experiences which aren't on my personal statement/reference?

My teacher forgot to talk about my mentoring on the reference.
Original post by Cherub012
Am I allowed to talk about experiences which aren't on my personal statement/reference?

My teacher forgot to talk about my mentoring on the reference.

If it is relevant to a question that they ask you :smile:
Original post by impmed2017
If it is relevant to a question that they ask you :smile:

That's a relief thanks.
Original post by rohit5148
NO! Why in the world would ask a uni why you haven't got an interview yet? Like how self-entitled is that?

Bit harsh
Original post by Uni12345678
Bit harsh

But true
Happy New Year!
Original post by AortaStudyMore
It'll depend, the best thing is to just not think about it. Focus on any other interviews you have, or on school or on going partying over christmas or whatever haha. And your interview was on the 14th? Did you go on the tour? because I gave the tour that day :P

Hi Happy New Year to all. Just curious to know, How many were in your tour. How many are interviewed per day? Do you have any idea of how many have been interviewed so far?
Original post by Medcraze
Hi Happy New Year to all. Just curious to know, How many were in your tour. How many are interviewed per day? Do you have any idea of how many have been interviewed so far?

I don't really know how many I gave a tour to, it must have been about 10-12? I didn't count. As for your last 2 questions, I have no idea 😂
I don't really know how many I gave a tour to, it must have been about 10-12? I didn't count. As for your last 2 questions, I have no idea 😂

Thank you for your immediate reply.

We're most of them dressed in smart clothing/suits or just in casual clothes??
Original post by Daniel100499
We're most of them dressed in smart clothing/suits or just in casual clothes??

well the tour was on the same day as the interviews so everyone was smartly dressed
Reply 831
This might sound like a stupid question... Did you guys take a bag inside with you and they already have a copy of your personal statement, right?
Original post by Asian5
This might sound like a stupid question... Did you guys take a bag inside with you and they already have a copy of your personal statement, right?

They do have your PS, yes. Up to you in regards to a bag.
Reply 833
Original post by usycool1
They do have your PS, yes. Up to you in regards to a bag.

Thank you!
Does whether you go on the tour or not affect your chances of admission? I've signed up to one but it's after my interview and I live quite far so I need to book train tickets and decide what I'm actually going to do...
Btw has anyone else already had an interview and not heard back yet?
Original post by Uni12345678
Does whether you go on the tour or not affect your chances of admission? I've signed up to one but it's after my interview and I live quite far so I need to book train tickets and decide what I'm actually going to do...

I had planned to attend the tour which was scheduled for a few hours before my interview, I didn't make it though, I was running late. It wasn't mentioned during my interview and hasn't caused any issue, I was lucky enough to get an offer.
Original post by carpenoctem
Yeah had my interview on the 13th Dec but haven't heard back. Presumably the admissions team will be trying to sort through more interviews before letting us know about offers/rekections (at least that what I've convinced myself). When did you have you interview?

On the same day. Well I guess they have also had Christmas off
quick question
did we get an portal login when we applied ( it says we should on the website) because I can't find an email with it
in another place i saw we only get a login if we get an interview
does anyone know the latest date for imperial interviews?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending