The Student Room Group

What is my best option?

Hello TSR,

I'm in a predicament.

I left sixth form about a year ago to go into employment. I like it where I work - but I want to experience university and go into an area of work that suits me.

I don't have a full A Level as I left just before the exam dates unfortunately, after considering returning, the college closed.

I dream of going to university to pursue Computer Science, but my options are short. What is my best option?

Go back to Sixth Form this September and stay for another 2 years?
Pay to do my A Levels (x3) and possibly go to Uni this/next year?
An Access Course perhaps? Although this doesn't seem to benefits my needs for CompSci.

Any advice would be appreciated, many thanks
You could sit the exams as a private candidate, as long as you apply in time (? There'll be a deadline I'd imagine). You would have to pay to sit the A levels. Sounds like a good option to me. Self-studying & revising is pretty straight forward and you could get tutors if needed.
Reply 2
Original post by tennysons_maud
You could sit the exams as a private candidate, as long as you apply in time (? There'll be a deadline I'd imagine). You would have to pay to sit the A levels. Sounds like a good option to me. Self-studying & revising is pretty straight forward and you could get tutors if needed.

I think the above is my best option moving forward in all honesty.

Thank you for your response.

Any other advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending