The Student Room Group

I am unsure what offer to choose

I have currently recieved an offer from southampton for aerospace, and im unsure whether to pick it.

I want to go to sheffield, but these unis are similarly ranked. im not really sure
Original post by Sadman123
I have currently recieved an offer from southampton for aerospace, and im unsure whether to pick it.

I want to go to sheffield, but these unis are similarly ranked. im not really sure

Do you have a firm or insurance choice which you have been accepted on, and if so to which uni?

Hi @Sadman123,

My advice would be if you previously went to open days which one did you prefer the look of/ felt most like somewhere you would want to go. If you have not been able to visit them maybe try and see if they have any virtual tours available and see if you can get an idea from that on whether you prefer to go to one over the other.
Have a look at the modules available - are there any of specific interest at just one of the universities? Is there a difference in the modules that they offer?
Look into how you would be graded - coursework? exams? 50/50? - do you have preference on this, do you perform better in one of these?
What opportunities are available with the course - study abroad? industry work for a semester or year? what companies do they have connections with?

Hope that helps! :smile:

Rebecca
2nd Year Geoenvironmental Hazards Student

Also think about factors such as student support, what scholarships/bursaries are on offer, and the employability rates for each course. You're going to be studying there for three years minimum so it's important that it feels like home. Check out their socials to see if you can get a feel for them and see if there's an option to speak to current students too.
Best of luck :smile:

Hi @Sadman123,

My advice would be to research the different locations and areas to get a feel for what would suit your lifestyle better. Typically it’s not what rank that the university is under that’s most important, it’s the experience each offers. Of course you want the best experience! So, take a look at the different aspects like: accommodation options, affordability, student-life ranking, distances to campus & travel options.

Wishing you all the best,
Ellie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending