The Student Room Group

English Literature A Level Help Please

Hi, I'm an English Lit A-Level student currently writing my coursework essay about Wilfred Owen's poetry. In my last draft i referred to the pathetic fallacy of how 'dawn breaks open like a wound that bleeds afresh', however my teacher said this was wrong (she didn't say what to change it to) and now I'm wondering if it's a reference to anthropomorphism instead. Does anyone agree with this or think it's something else?
Original post by DauntlessKilljoy
Hi, I'm an English Lit A-Level student currently writing my coursework essay about Wilfred Owen's poetry. In my last draft i referred to the pathetic fallacy of how 'dawn breaks open like a wound that bleeds afresh', however my teacher said this was wrong (she didn't say what to change it to) and now I'm wondering if it's a reference to anthropomorphism instead. Does anyone agree with this or think it's something else?

Its definitely not pathetic fallacy because there is no description of the weather that has an influence of the mood or setting. Its simile as Owen is comparing one thing to another using the word "like" :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending