The Student Room Group

Girls, how do you work on ur self esteem?

Any tips? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Not a girl (sorry) but one tip I've learned is to stay the f*** off Instagram :biggrin:
I didnt have a quick fix really , time was the best healer for me! Moving out of your comfort zone and doing things you wouldn't normally do, also make up helps a bunnnnch :laugh:
Just dont think about it :smile:
Original post by cbreef
Not a girl (sorry) but one tip I've learned is to stay the f*** off Instagram :biggrin:

True :rofl:
Original post by Supernova91
I didnt have a quick fix really , time was the best healer for me! Moving out of your comfort zone and doing things you wouldn't normally do, also make up helps a bunnnnch :laugh:

It's just a facade though.
Original post by cbreef

Yea I dont compare myself to Insta models :P Thanks

Thanks! Sorry are you talking about breakups tho? I just meant generally :colondollar: :smile:
Original post by cbreef
It's just a facade though.

I know , it isn't the be all and end all ! It certainly doesn't fix all my problems but I enjoy wearing it.
Personally I dye my hair, do my makeup and buy stuff.
Original post by saraxh

Clearly you have an extra chromosome
Original post by HollyGeordie

Thanks! Sorry are you talking about breakups tho? I just meant generally :colondollar: :smile:

No not breakups , in general yeah . Why is it your self esteem is low ? What has caused it . I'm perhaps looking at it from a different angle to you but even so I've been there at rock bottom so I know u can build yourself back up :smile: !
Any tips? :smile:

I just learned to love myself and eventually attracted the right group of friends. The ones who embrace your quirks. Also focusing on your own life's goals/ambitions helps as well.
Original post by saraxh

Do you use normal dye or henna? :smile:
Do you use normal dye or henna? :smile:

Normal dye :smile: I tried to use Henna once. It failed so badly. :rofl:
No not breakups , in general yeah . Why is it your self esteem is low ? What has caused it . I'm perhaps looking at it from a different angle to you but even so I've been there at rock bottom so I know u can build yourself back up :smile: !

I'm introverted and the youngest person in my workplace, most of my friends where I live are older too. I feel like the odd one out :frown:

Original post by Student9821
I just learned to love myself and eventually attracted the right group of friends. The ones who embrace your quirks. Also focusing on your own life's goals/ambitions helps as well.

Thank you :smile: Cliche question but how did u learn to love yourself? x
Personally, I decide that I do not care about what others think. Idgaf.
Woop there we go :danceboy:
I'm introverted and the youngest person in my workplace, most of my friends where I live are older too. I feel like the odd one out :frown:

Thank you :smile: Cliche question but how did u learn to love yourself? x

Here is an example:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Personally, I decide that I do not care about what others think. Idgaf.
Woop there we go :danceboy:

But my mum told she used to be in my position. She told me she was into things that other girls wasn't when she was about my age. Even though she feign interest in fashion, make up and gossiping about boys with other girls. She loves reading books that would be considered 'boring' to most teenage girls. She felt happier indulging in that and doing maths problems for fun. Her hobbies made her happier and it helped to build confidence in general.

How old are we talking ?

doesnt mean you can't make good bonds with them , theyre probably more sure of themselves than people of your own age x
Original post by Student9821
Here is an example:

But my mum told she used to be in my position. She told me she was into things that other girls wasn't when she was about my age. Even though she feign interest in fashion, make up and gossiping about boys with other girls. She loves reading books that would be considered 'boring' to most teenage girls. She felt happier indulging in that and doing maths problems for fun. Her hobbies made her happier and it helped to build confidence in general.

:yy: Sounds very like me -maths +chemistry :mmm:
:grouphugs:
Identify the cause(s) of your low self esteem (e.g. loneliness), and go from there and work on that.

Quick Reply

Latest