The Student Room Group

Men - If you got wolf whistled by a woman, what would you do?

I was just thinking you hear about women getting wolf whistled at then the person doing it getting charged for sexual harassment. Which I can see if it happens every day. But if I got wolf whistled by a woman, I might not register it, or just take it as a compliment, people seem to be too edgy these days. Or is it fine for it to be accepteable one way and not the other. You know their was that hunky male gardener in a diet coke advert, it was sexualizing him pretty much. Not much was said. But flip the genders and if it was sexualizing a woman, that's a whole different storm.

I imagine most men wouldn't give much thought about it and carry on as normal if they got a wolf whistle.

Hmmm, just a thought.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd howl back at her.
Hunky male gardener in the Diet Coke advert @WoodyMKC :laugh:
I'd just thank them and get on with my day.
Original post by Big_Jon
I was just thinking you hear about women getting wolf whistled at then the person doing it getting charged for sexual harassment. Which I can see if it happens every day. But if I got wolf whistled by a woman, I might not register it, or just take it as a compliment, people seem to be too edgy these days. Or is it fine for it to be accepteable one way and not the other. You know their was that hunky male gardener in a diet coke advert, it was sexualizing him pretty much. Not much was said. But flip the genders and if it was sexualizing a woman, that's a whole different storm.

I imagine most men wouldn't give much thought about it and carry on as normal if they got a wolf whistle.

Hmmm, just a thought.

In reality: I would go over to her and hand her the D on the silver platter.

In a perfect world: I would totally sh*t on her for objectifying me and remind her "I am a human with feelings, not a sex object" / "my clothes are not my consent" / "my eyes are up here, not near my dick", etc
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Big_Jon

Hmmm, just a thought.

I will take it as a compliment, and walk of proudly
See if she's DTF.
Doesn't happen much anymore because I'm in my mid 20s, look my age and women my age are more mature... but when I was in college I used to get whistled at and stuff nearly every day. I'd either be quietly smug, or if she was hot I'd be like "Alright babe, you want my number then?" :lol:

Original post by Supernova91
Hunky male gardener in the Diet Coke advert @WoodyMKC :laugh:

:rofl:
Id bark at her. Woof.
I would probably assume she was mocking me, so I would do an awkward smile/laugh, look down, and walk away.

If I knew she was being genuine, I would be very pleased, would probably think about it for the rest of the day, and stand a little taller
laugh n say thanks or give em a thumbs up. used to happen at school a lot
I'd wave at her with a big thick dildo.
Original post by Big_Jon

Hmmm, just a thought.

It's not being too 'edgy'. I've had experiences where guys act like it is their right to objectify me or touch me and expect that I should be okay with it or even like it. I don't take it as a compliment. I don't need a wolf whistle from a strange man to feel validated. The thing is, they will make it clear that you are being reduced to an object sexualised for their pleasure.
I'm not saying that I want every guy to turn away and feel no desires. It's human but as a human you can control yourself. I was driving the other day in traffic and these guys were trying to catch my attention. I turned down my passenger window thinking I made a mistake on the road/somethings up with my car but they just stared like dogs giving me looks which made me realize that they were just being pervs. It was also worse because they smirked thinking I enjoyed the attentjon by rolling down my window when really I wanted to know what the f they were staring at. What was the point of signaling me to turn towards them. Am I an object who exists for their pleasure?
I remember another guy I used to work with. Would look me up and down, smirk, stare and lip his licks even if he was walking past from a far distance. He didn't want to be my friend or anything more but he thought it's okay for him to openly lust over me whilst I feel disgusted and uncomfortable.
These are just examples that come to mind but the point is wolf whistling is not flattering. If my bf wants to tell me/ show me how much he lusts over me physically it's more than okay. But girls (at least me) do not feel flattered when reduced to an object of desire without no say in the situation. Some people take these rights (which they don't have) too far and think they can also touch a girl regardless of whether she would welcome it

Oh and this is not saying that guys are not sexualised. Was just raising a different point
(edited 7 years ago)
I had just finished sixth form with my shirt and tie etc and went Nandos. As I was walking out of Nando's a girl at a table went "Dayummmmm"

That lightened up may day very much:h:
Reply 14
Original post by UWS
I'd howl back at her.

madness!
Reply 15
Assume it was a fairly cruel attempt at humour with her group of friends, owing to the fact I am about as f**kable as your average doormat, then feel depressed for the rest of the day.
Reply 16
Original post by Big_Jon

Hmmm, just a thought.

Offer to book them an eye test?

Nahh, smug chuckle

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Andy98
Offer to book them an eye test?

Nahh, smug chuckle

Posted from TSR Mobile

Explain yourself?
I'd assume she was looking at someone else, and get on with my day.

Actually when I went to the Rocky Horror Show, it happened a few times, and I got my bum slapped by one girl who made a real hash-up of trying to apologize. And I'm totally with them, I make a hot Frank.
Original post by SilverWater
I had just finished sixth form with my shirt and tie etc and went Nandos. As I was walking out of Nando's a girl at a table went "Dayummmmm"

That lightened up may day very much:h:

I LOVE Nando's!!!!:biggrin:
Original post by Big_Jon

Hmmm, just a thought.

Oh I hate it when guys wolf whistle at me- happens quite a lot tbh...:redface:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest