The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Post your DoS

My main man Deakin:

Simon Deakin.jpg
Original post by k.russell
haha I'm a STEMmer as well - BioNatSci at Girton. I'm not resitting anything - though I have had grade trouble as I didn't apply to any unis whilst at college due to kinda bad AS grades (not that I care anymore lol), I'm doing A level further maths in a gap year and need an A to meet my offer, which is obviously v light compared to most offers but it still feels a bit stressful because there's a lot on the line.

I see. I'm sure you'll get that A! Good luck :smile:
Original post by Platopus
Hi there, I met my offer for 2016 entry last year, but had to defer as Jneill says, for health reasons. I guess it would depend how extreme your situation is. Over the summer following my exams, I rapidly became very severely ill and there was absolutely no question of me going to university this year. The university has a 'fitness to study' protocol, so if you are very unwell then they actually should not allow you to attend and will offer you a deferral. My college was extremely kind about it, but you should contact your college asap to let them know what is happening. If you are sick enough to want to defer, then I assume you are not currently at school or in a position to take your upcoming exams. This will make your situation different from mine, as I did complete my A levels last year. I don't know whether this will effect the status of your offer or not. Ihope you get well :smile:

Thanks for this. I'm muddling through at the moment, but will have to take things a day at a time.
Original post by jneill
It *should* say "Official... whatever". Spammers get thrown off FB if they say they are official but aren't.

Alternatively post a link on here and someone will check it...

FB is used extensively by the CUSU and JCRs so it's a good idea to join their groups, but you are right to keep an element of scepticism.

Hi jneill,
What is the easiest way to remove all the posts I have made on TSR? Do I have to go back and edit out each one, or is there some simpler way? Perhaps you can easily do it for me?
Original post by Bunratty
Hi jneill,
What is the easiest way to remove all the posts I have made on TSR? Do I have to go back and edit out each one, or is there some simpler way? Perhaps you can easily do it for me?

Did you get an offer in the end? Was wondering about you :smile:
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Post your DoS

My main man Deakin:

Simon Deakin.jpg

Dr Anderson who definitely looks better in person when not wearing a brown suit:

Reply 546
Original post by Bunratty
Hi jneill,

Nope. We can't do bulk deletions.

And deleting your post won't change any posts that quote them. I suggest you leave as is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it possible to request that they change an A*(Maths) A*(Physics) A(FM/Chemistry) to A*(Maths) A*A(Physics/Chemistry/FM)
Original post by Likelyreject
Is it possible to request that they change an A*(Maths) A*(Physics) A(FM/Chemistry) to A*(Maths) A*A(Physics/Chemistry/FM)

I can't see the harm in asking, unless your college strictly says otherwise. That said, I wouldn't expect offers to be negotiable unless your circumstances have changed.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Post your DoS

^-^
tadashi_tokieda_photo_by_tony_rinaldo_370px_0.jpg
Just one more day of exams left for me! Going to buy cake to finally celebrate Cambridge with my friends after school tomorrow :biggrin:
Original post by rayofsunshine98
Thanks for this. I'm muddling through at the moment, but will have to take things a day at a time.

Great. Hope it all works out for you! If you need to talk to someone with experience of a similar situation, I'm here.
Reply 552
Original post by Likelyreject

Nope. This for Engineering isn't it? They want the A* in Physics for a reason. And you're lucky they didn't specify an A* in FM rather than Maths.
Original post by jneill
Nope. This for Engineering isn't it? They want the A* in Physics for a reason. And you're lucky they didn't specify an A* in FM rather than Maths.

did you do engineering at uni Jneill?
Reply 554
did you do engineering at uni Jneill?

Nope. CompSci at a poly. :biggrin:
Original post by jneill
Nope. CompSci at a poly. :biggrin:

I think my perception that most people follow the degree/career choice of their parents is deeply flawed lol
Where abouts was it?
Physical natsci at Trinity here anyone else?
Reply 557
I think my perception that most people follow the degree/career choice of their parents is deeply flawed lol
Where abouts was it?

Pontypridd in wet Wales.
Reply 558
Ok - stressy Mum post.

Just been trying to source a STEP tutor for my daughter to give some support following her offer for maths and apparently we've let it late and lots of people prepare for this years in advance! Is this the case for everyone , any other maths offer holders not yet started STEP or any current mathmo's who waited til last minute too?

Need to settle my nerves ......
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jamwaq
Ok - stressy Mum post.

Just been trying to source a STEP tutor for my daughter to give some support following her offer for maths and apparently we've let it late and lots of people prepare for this years in advance! Is this the case for everyone , any other maths offer holders not yet started STEP or any current mathmo's who waited til last minute too?

Need to settle my nerves ......
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

My friend who got an offer started preparing for STEP just before Christmas, although more intensively now. She isn't getting a tutor or anything, although will discuss with teachers in school. I would say as long as she does lots of practise to gauge the style and way of thinking, there's plenty of time yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending