The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Original post by Johncenaofficial
At the interview, did anyone ask the interviewers a question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did ask the medical student on the panel but kinda wish I didn't ask
Original post by Medwannabe12
Yea, I've alr been rejected by UCL though :frown:

Thats crazy !! Is it before or after the interview ?
Original post by Medic17
Thats crazy !! Is it before or after the interview ?

And if you don't mind what were your predicted grades and GCSE and work experience ?
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
so much for that 22:01 thing,huh?

I know how you feel! I had my interview this week and can't wait either.
What a time for UCAS maintenance! :angry:
Good luck!
Original post by oey99
I did ask the medical student on the panel but kinda wish I didn't ask

why, what did you ask?
Reply 1125
why, what did you ask?

I asked how often do they have PBL sessions as it doesn't say on the website and didn't have the chance to ask the medical student on the tour but I don't know if this info was actually on the website it might suggest my lack of research into the uni :/
Original post by oey99
I asked how often do they have PBL sessions as it doesn't say on the website and didn't have the chance to ask the medical student on the tour but I don't know if this info was actually on the website it might suggest my lack of research into the uni :/

med student said about twice a term, doubt its on the website
Is anyone able to tell me if the mock interview video is similar to the actual interview?? :smile:

Really? That's barely any. :biggrin:
Original post by oey99

No that's a pretty legit question, even if it does say on the website, it won't be in much detail.. I didn't know what PBL was going to involve until I did it. Just incase you still want to know, it's 1 session a week for the first 2(ish) terms of year 1 and that's it. First year is mostly lectures and labs/tutorials/dissections and a very little bit of PBL, second year is just lectures and tutorials/dissections (and it's killing me hahaha). It's like 5 lectures a day at the moment or a day of anatomy teaching
i hate the idea of asking questions anyway, everything you ask is assuming youre gonna get in

It's more than twice a term, I think you have about 6ish per term? Basically you have a number of cases each term with 2 sessions per case. In the first session, you read the case and pick out what you want to learn from it, you then assign everyone in the group one of these learning objectives each and then everyone goes away and does a powerpoint answering their learning objective and presents it back to the group in the second session (a week after the first) and then you do like a QnA and feedback on it. PBL sessions were actually probably the best part of first year ngl, everyone seems to hate it before uni but they're actually good fun. It's also quite important, you have to do a research project at the end of your second term that counts 10% towards your final mark in the year, so it should be taken seriously. But like I said before, once you've done it in first year, you don't do it again in your remaining 5 years. So if you do really hate it, then you just have to endure it for 2 terms :P
Any tips on how to prepare for the interview????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Johncenaofficial
At the interview, did anyone ask the interviewers a question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I was asked an ethics question at the end and when they asked whether I had any questions, I asked the interviewer who asked the ethics question what her answer to the ethics question would be? She said she agreed with me and talked a bit more about it, then I departed.
So, what does no track update over the weekend mean?
So, what does no track update over the weekend mean?

Hopefully tomorrow :s-smilie:
Original post by First choice
Hopefully tomorrow :s-smilie:

My, perhaps flawed logic, is the closer it gets to 2 weeks the more likely it is to be an offer
My, perhaps flawed logic, is the closer it gets to 2 weeks the more likely it is to be an offer

sounds logical to me...:h:
Keeping fingers crossed for you! Good luck!
Original post by First choice
sounds logical to me...:h:
Keeping fingers crossed for you! Good luck!

Same for you, good luck to all
Got my interview on Tuesday :s-smilie: Any tips????

Also, I was curious, would it advantage you if you asked a question at the end??
And is the interview similar to the mock video??

Thanks in advance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending