The Student Room Group

Tax Year Help!

Hello,

I am applying this year for 2017 entry at the age of 22. Though I live with my parents, I work and support myself. When applying for finance they require the details of the 2015-16 tax year but we don't have those details, will the 2014-15 year do as both my parents are employed by the same company as they were then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by KMLeeson
Hello,

I am applying this year for 2017 entry at the age of 22. Though I live with my parents, I work and support myself. When applying for finance they require the details of the 2015-16 tax year but we don't have those details, will the 2014-15 year do as both my parents are employed by the same company as they were then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

2017 applications haven't opened yet, according to the .gov.uk website.
https://www.gov.uk/apply-online-for-student-finance
You probably need to stop what you're doing.

When 2017 applications do open, hopefully in the next few weeks, your parents will need to supply financial info for the specified tax year. Your parents should have been given a tax statement by their employers for 15/16 by now. If not, they should ask for it urgently.
Original post by Klix88
2017 applications haven't opened yet, according to the .gov.uk website.
https://www.gov.uk/apply-online-for-student-finance
You probably need to stop what you're doing.

When 2017 applications do open, hopefully in the next few weeks, your parents will need to supply financial info for the specified tax year. Your parents should have been given a tax statement by their employers for 15/16 by now. If not, they should ask for it urgently.

Thank you. They were given it but it's gone, we had a burst pipe in our house and almost all our paperwork is now mulch!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KMLeeson
Thank you. They were given it but it's gone, we had a burst pipe in our house and almost all our paperwork is now mulch!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Their employers (or whoever runs their payroll) should be able to issue a copy of their P60s.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending