The Student Room Group

Trump the most unpopular new president for 40 years

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ladbants
That's your opinion, I personal,y think he's great. I thought Obama was a piece of ****

Great comment.

I am sure there is some morality in which your opinion is "correct", but that is not one most people will objectively see as a good morality.
Original post by yudothis
Great comment.

I am sure there is some morality in which your opinion is "correct", but that is not one most people will objectively see as a good morality.

Stop quoting me bro
That's your opinion, I personal,y think he's great. I thought Obama was a piece of ****

Why do you think Obama is/was a piece of ****? Is that how you judge people?
Original post by 999tigger

The guy I was responding to said Trump was a piece of ****, but you ain't complaining about him
Reply 44
Oh @AlexanderHam , this thread has turned funny :tongue:
The guy I was responding to said Trump was a piece of ****, but you ain't complaining about him

This is correct I was reading backwards, so didnt notice. he does at least explain his reasoning.
Stop quoting me bro

Triggered?
Trump's gonna build that wall
Trump's gonna build it tall
Trump's gonna deport them all

And before the Fall,
He'll finish ISIS once and for all
America's gonna get very far
No terrorists shouting Allahu snackbar

Big man Trump, grabs em by the c**t
He's gonna go on a big hunt
To drain the ****ing swamp

Big man Trump, hes not gonna wait
He's got a task to hand in before it's too late
To make America great

AGAIN!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by anarchism101
I have no doubts he'll be authoritarian, but I suspect the alt-right will be sidelined and only used insofar as Trump has a use for them. Trump isn't a true believer and never has been - it's just his path to power and attention. As has been pointed out (apologies, it's a subscription site, but I do actually know the author, so I feel obliged to credit his idea) Trump's rise in many ways parallels that of Milosevic. The nationalist populism is all just a tool to win power, to be disposed of as soon as it becomes unhelpful.

Trump's more extreme proposals will be quietly retired (we're already seeing that with some, like the wall) or switched for something essentially different, but which Trump's PR team will maintain is just some minor changes. The only exceptions will be those where he moves too fast early on and paints himself too far into a corner (his policy on Israel is looking a bit this way, as Friedman will likely be confirmed as ambassador). A substantial chunk of his supporters won't care, of course. As with nationalism in general, people aren't attracted to Trump by any particular policy, but by the more generalised "feel" or worldview he's implying. And some are much more interested in feeling edgy and thinking that Trump is "triggering" people by saying things than they are about the things he's saying actually being enacted - it's just the idea they like.

Yup. As another poster (think it was nulli tertius, but not 100% sure) pointed out on a past thread, Trump hasn't yet made the intellectual jump from being a candidate to being President (because it's his only schtick). When you're a candidate and have no power, the choice of when you give media appearances and press conferences, and who you give them to, is a tactical choice and nothing more than that. When you're president and have very real power, you are are expected to show a certain level of transparency and accountability. Trump and his core supporters still act like he's a candidate, and are most likely never going to process that Trump now is "The Man", to put it simply.

Despite a failure to see the significance of anything that just occurred in U.S. politics and being an awful judge of people, you do make one point worth repeating. I agree with you about Trumps appeal coming from his outlook on the world as much as from the individual policies, 2 of which he has signed 7 executive orders which insure their completion. But it is his general way of looking at things that got him elected. This is where he displayed true political genius. He knew this but the problem is how do you stand out in a field of 17 candidates. In Trumps case it was easy ; just be yourself. This explains why don't see that change in Trump the candidate to Trump the President. He knew we were sick of standard politicians
Original post by 999tigger

I think "piece of #### " best describes obama because he was ashamed of his country, married a woman who said in an interview she hated the flag. He was nothing more than a 60's radical who fell through the cracks and got elected.
Trump's gonna build that wall
Trump's gonna build it tall
Trump's gonna deport them all

And before the Fall,
He'll finish ISIS once and for all
America's gonna get very far
No terrorists shouting Allahu snackbar

Big man Trump, grabs em by the c**t
He's gonna go on a big hunt
To drain the ****ing swamp

Big man Trump, hes not gonna wait
He's got a task to hand in before it's too late
To make America great

AGAIN!

well done, you've turned this into a cringe thread
Original post by oldercon1953
I think "piece of #### " best describes obama because he was ashamed of his country, married a woman who said in an interview she hated the flag. He was nothing more than a 60's radical who fell through the cracks and got elected.

Strong points there.
Not surprising. Anyone who doesn't acknowledge his overwhelming unpopularity probably believes in his 'alternative facts' nonsense.
Original post by Zargabaath
well done, you've turned this into a cringe thread

Hail Trump!
Original post by MrDystopia
Not surprising. Anyone who doesn't acknowledge his overwhelming unpopularity probably believes in his 'alternative facts' nonsense.

I guess I didn't make my self clear. I DO acknowledge his unpopularity and it's the source of that unpopularity which offers confirmation that America made the right choice.It's from the far left. The weeping and gnashing of teeth can still be heard. They wander the streets of Hollywood covered in ash and sackcloth seeking solace in a new cause. They shout lamentations to their God but he can't hear them. He's in Palm Beach.
Strong points there.

I could go on.
I could go on.

They wouldn't become any better.

I guess I didn't make my self clear. I DO acknowledge his unpopularity and it's the source of that unpopularity which offers confirmation that America made the right choice.It's from the far left. The weeping and gnashing of teeth can still be heard. They wander the streets of Hollywood covered in ash and sackcloth seeking solace in a new cause. They shout lamentations to their God but he can't hear them. He's in Palm Beach.

No, it's not. It's decent human beings appalled at the monstrosity that is Trump. Do you think the majority of the country is really far left? Only 40% approval rate, is 60% really "far left"? Oh dear you old con, you are getting tired.
Build the wall lets make america grate again who needs undocumented people.
Original post by AlexanderHam
It's Bill Clinton. :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton

Didn't you know Hillary's husband Bill was president from 1993-2001? (and an excellent president too)

You mean the rapist that should've been (and almost was) impeached?
They wouldn't become any better.

No, it's not. It's decent human beings appalled at the monstrosity that is Trump. Do you think the majority of the country is really far left? Only 40% approval rate, is 60% really "far left"? Oh dear you old con, you are getting tired.

The people in the streets during the campaign were obviously far left.( I realize BLM may not be far left to you).
I do think the majority of the 60% belong to a party that has been dragged to the far left by the far left element which has no where to go but the Dem. party. Remember that many Dems. voted for Trump. Can't you see that it was statements like your first sentence that helped to get Trump elected? You should only call someone a racist, woman hater, corrupt business man, if they are. There never was any evidence for racism and grabbing some ladies snatch doesn't really constitute misogyny, and his business history was far better than most who have attained what he has.
And yes, I think the entire Dem. party is far left. Sanctuary cities, transgender bathrooms, Republicans don't support the sort of crap and a lot of Dems. are embarrassed by it. Here's a prediction; in 60 days you won't be able to get enough anti Trump protesters together in one spot that they need a permit to protest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending