The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Poppelina35
It wasn't until I read the formal offer email 6 or 7 times that I noticed the business area. Its right at the start of the email. Mine reads:

Dear ...

Vacancy: 042R Tax Professional Higher Officer Caseworker Post

Business: Customer Compliance Group

Mine says the same as yours and that a decision as to your dept will be made in the first 12 weeks.... I start a week Monday
Reply 1781
Hi cardiff guys whatrs the updsate
Reply 1782
Update lol
HCO -not even replying to my emails for Cardiff.
Not really impressed.
May well, turn down the job.
Original post by Ijohndylan
Not really impressed.

Don't turn down the job you've come this far. Chase again on Monday and see if you get a response in the week 😊
I was put on the waiting list after the competency statements for Liverpool but have now been given an interview date for next week! Yay! Pleased to hear I'm not the only teacher looking to get out!
Not really impressed.

Still haven't had pre-employemebt checks email with documents to return, pretty sure they have forgotten about me or sent to wrong person. Sent them an email Thursday and no reply as if yet.
Original post by dsrebek
Still haven't had pre-employemebt checks email with documents to return, pretty sure they have forgotten about me or sent to wrong person. Sent them an email Thursday and no reply as if yet.

Me too 😕 Let's stay positive I think they sending out emails via the location where posts have become available. I will drop them an email today also ask for update 🙄
Original post by luwigal
I've not had this yet either..

Please stop stressing. I am an applicant from Bristol therefore I'm lucky as we got offered first. But it's still been nearly 5 months..... and I believe that's quite speedy!

Personally I think it's absolutely worth it to be part of the SC
If you have been offered a provisional role then you're sorted unless you've been fired numerous times or you're a serial killer xxx
Just found this forum, i'm not a student but currently going through pre-employment checks for Cardiff. Wish i'd found this sooner. Have worked In
social housing for the last 20 years, currently a caseworker for tenants in serious rent arrears and thought I have a lot of relevant skills for this job, glad HMRC thought so too. Looking forward to meeting all the Cardiff people soon!
Reply 1791
Hi congrats what stage is you application
Hey, sorry to go off topic! I've just been offered an interview after being put on the reserve list... can anyone give me advice on what to expect?! Thanks!
Finally had a reply, and pre employment checks have began.😀
Original post by hco786
Hi congrats what stage is you application

Have had Provisional Offer for Cardiff (my only preference) . My pre-employment checks are being done now, references have been requested and medical questionnaire completed on line. Hoping to receive formal offer next, no skeletons in my closet so don't see any reason why I'd be declined at this stage :smile:
Original post by purplestar94
Hey, sorry to go off topic! I've just been offered an interview after being put on the reserve list... can anyone give me advice on what to expect?! Thanks!

Have you got the candidate pack, which should have been attached to your email? I would read up on the competencies and prepare some examples using the competency do's and dont's. Best advise is to prepare for your interview and use the STAR technique to answer the questions 😊
Finally had a reply, and pre employment checks have began.😀

How long after accepting the provisional offer did your employment checks begin? Did you have to send numerous emails to chase them up?

Also, where will you be based?

I accepted my provional offer for Nottingham 11 days ago and have not had the employment checks email. Emailed on Friday but no reply.
So just had a call saying I need to take extra documentation and a DBS certificate to the Nottingham Office for the next stage to commence.

I responded that i supplied all the neccesary documents at interview but was told that I should have taken my DBS certificate. This was certainly not a requirement and most applicants wouldn't have one anyway. I have now been asked to go during a Wednesday daytime which is very difficult as i'm a teacher.

So confused!!
Original post by Leesus83
So just had a call saying I need to take extra documentation and a DBS certificate to the Nottingham Office for the next stage to commence.

I responded that i supplied all the neccesary documents at interview but was told that I should have taken my DBS certificate. This was certainly not a requirement and most applicants wouldn't have one anyway. I have now been asked to go during a Wednesday daytime which is very difficult as i'm a teacher.

So confused!!

I'm not really overly surprised to see so many teachers going for these jobs with the work life balance on offer. Know there's you and ljohndylan. Any others? What is your reason for getting out? Mine is after 10 years of primary I realised I had no time for anyone or anything other than teaching. That included my 3 kids. Now on supply and loving having time, just not the pay.
Reply 1799
The interviews are pretty easy I had two ladies very friendly and made me feel comfortable make sure your answers cover all the points

Latest

Trending

Trending