The Student Room Group

University nightlife: Bath Vs Exeter

Trying to decide between the two universities and am now wondering which of the two cities has a better nightlife and which is more fun to live in.
My friend goes to Bath, there's a few good clubs but not as many as larger cities. Bristol's close though and cheap on the train. Don't know about Exeter :smile:
Hi,

I am a second year International Management student at the University of Bath. Although I have visited Exeter, I have never had the chance to experience the nightlife there so can't offer a comparison. If you can, certainly take the time to visit both cities yourself before you make the decision.

In my opinion, Bath is a lot more historic than Exeter. It is also a World Heritage city, however there are some modern parts. I understand that some people prefer to live in more historic cities where others prefer modern ones. Bath is amazing for places to eat and drink with friends in the day time, we also have many places to visit such as the Roman Baths and parks to relax in with friends. In a couple of weeks I have a party next to the Roman Baths, certainly an amazing place to be with friends!

Bath is good for a night out, however there are probably more crazy places to be. We have University of Bath nights in clubs every night, apart from Sunday I believe. We also have two club nights on campus, these are high capacity and offer good value drinks. The bus service to the university runs 24 hours, so you will never be left behind.

We do have good access to Bristol, personally I have never felt the need to go to Bristol. Your friends will be in Bath, which makes it more fun.

Try not to base your decision on nightlife too much, with universities clubs always establish themselves around it. It will never go too horribly wrong!

Hayden

Original post by Elastichedgehog
My friend goes to Bath, there's a few good clubs but not as many as larger cities. Bristol's close though and cheap on the train. Don't know about Exeter :smile:

Original post by Dedoid247
Trying to decide between the two universities and am now wondering which of the two cities has a better nightlife and which is more fun to live in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending