The Student Room Group

It's been pointed out to be I'm too old for this forum

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bbvii
I doubt it. Most start at 18 maybe, however by the end of that they're all 19. Which leaves 2nd year, 3rd year, abroad/placement year, masters, PhD, etc... not including mature students, foundation years etc.

TBH this is a nice forum. I hope to still be here occasionally when I leave uni.

No, I meant most of the users on this site are under 19. Sorry, should have made it clearer.
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Hey - I am 57 - I went on here because I have kids who are at uni. My daughter is doing a PhD and my son is just about to start an MSc.

There are a lot of folks who need advice from us oldies!

One day I will be this old and still on TSR :moon:
Reply 22
Original post by TaintedLight
Come to think of it 25 does seem too old enough. Clearly, I've risen beyond the limits of a mere student and into the realm of the grown ups.

A realm alien to most of you lot.

Paedophile! Some of us are 13-17, I would suggest you leave the forum before the police find out.
I'm 20 lol :frown:
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Hey - I am 57 - I went on here because I have kids who are at uni. My daughter is doing a PhD and my son is just about to start an MSc.

There are a lot of folks who need advice from us oldies!

I suppose I could help people out in the finance subforum but for some reason I feel like this site doesn't deserve my generosity. Nice to see you though!

If i may what are you going to pursue?

Original post by samina_ay
I'm 20 lol :frown:

Not to depress you any further but you are wasting the best days of your uni life on tsr :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by epoddoulc
No, I meant most of the users on this site are under 19. Sorry, should have made it clearer.

"Tonight, on 'figures I plucked from my arse'..."
Yes you are too old and it's weird/creepy.
Most of us on this site are 14-19 years old

You sure? :wink:
Original post by 0to100
you KNOW that's not why you stay :smug:

:angel:

on

I don't remember who exactly, but some TSR volunteer reviewed by resume which I'm sort of very grateful :colondollar:

That was probably @threeportdrift . She (I've always assumed she's a she, though may be wrong, come to think of it :eek: ) reviewed mine too :five:

Original post by wolfmoon88
:rofl: I was one of them :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There have been many over the years, you're in good company, dw :yep:
We need wisdom on TSR so older students contribute more than most.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:angel:

:colone:
25 is creeping up on me..
Original post by Drewski
"Tonight, on 'figures I plucked from my arse'..."

Or you could compare the sheer amount of GCSE and A-Level threads compared to University threads?
Or you could compare the sheer amount of GCSE and A-Level threads compared to University threads?

And you've looked in every single university sub-forum to do that?
In every single subject area forum?
In all the careers and jobs forums?

No point digging, you already look foolish.
I suppose I could help people out in the finance subforum but for some reason I feel like this site doesn't deserve my generosity. Nice to see you though!

Not to depress you any further but you are wasting the best days of your uni life on tsr :biggrin:

Lol I have assignments coming out of my ears.. need to do well rather than doss. I don't use this site that much either - only time to time
Original post by Drewski
And you've looked in every single university sub-forum to do that?
In every single subject area forum?
In all the careers and jobs forums?

No point digging, you already look foolish.

Yes I have, GCSE/ALevel forums outnumber university threads by 7 to 1

Agh - something in Geography or History. My original BSc is Geography but I love the history of London and British Cities. But my background is oncology so I don't know maybe health but on the other hand I am 2 years away from a bus pass.... And do I NOT feel like that. Pierced nose, Doc Martens - quirky hair, daughter who keeps asking where I am....
Yes I have, GCSE/ALevel forums outnumber university threads by 7 to 1

A- *******s
B- even if it were true that in itself proves nothing.

TSR does not collect data on age. To say most users are 14-19 is nothing short of a gross generalisation with no evidence to back it up.

The average user is far more likely to be in the 17-22 bracket.
*vows to stay in education forever*

I'm fine then - I can use this site for another 10 years :smile: :tongue:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

That was probably @threeportdrift . She (I've always assumed she's a she, though may be wrong, come to think of it :eek: ) reviewed mine too :five:

She's a she, and VERY old by TSR standards! :shakecane:
Original post by Drewski
A- *******s
B- even if it were true that in itself proves nothing.

TSR does not collect data on age. To say most users are 14-19 is nothing short of a gross generalisation with no evidence to back it up.

The average user is far more likely to be in the 17-22 bracket.

Achmed, you've abandoned your other argument regarding "Londonistan"

Quick Reply

Latest