The Student Room Group

Everyone will be Vegan in the future

Poll

Do you wish you had the willpower to be Vegan?

it will be looked on as a weird uncivilised thing that humans used to do; eating animals and animal products. There will be "wild land" and there will be "civilised land". Hopefully we'll be able to give a continent or two to the wildlife. Would be healthy to have some Non-human Zones.

Scroll to see replies

****ing hell, what a terrible vision of the future. I don't think I could live on a planet where everyone opens a conversation by telling me they are a vegan.
Reply 2
Original post by Quantex
****ing hell, what a terrible vision of the future. I don't think I could live on a planet where everyone opens a conversation by telling me they are a vegan.

People are proud of it. It's good, why not be proud of it? If you were a landowner who refused to keep slaves hundreds of years ago, wouldn't you go around telling everyone how great you are for that? They're trying to spread an important message.
Reply 3
Don't worry those that vote No, it will be forced upon you :smile:
Mmmm love me some steak
No I won't.
i don't think so.lol
VOTE NO:biggrin:
I will go to these 'human free zones' and slaughter an animal or two to suit my needs, thank you very much.

Hell... might even start my own black market slaughterhouse, thanks for the future business idea.
Reply 9
Original post by SCIENCE :D
I will go to these 'human free zones' and slaughter an animal or two to suit my needs, thank you very much.

Hell... might even start my own black market slaughterhouse, thanks for the future business idea.

There will be armed guards preventing you from doing so. Also bioenhanced human-eating predators will be there.
I don't know whether global veganism is an inevitability, but I do wish I had the willpower to at least be vegetarian.
Original post by Mistletoe
There will be armed guards preventing you from doing so. Also bioenhanced human-eating predators will be there.

Wonder what the predators meat tastes like :u:

Bring it on, I will fight to the death to defend my Rights and privileges.
People are proud of it. It's good, why not be proud of it? If you were a landowner who refused to keep slaves hundreds of years ago, wouldn't you go around telling everyone how great you are for that? They're trying to spread an important message.

Your message is important, you are 'right' to be vegan but really it makes zero difference unless everyone is vegan. Which is never going to happen, people like the taste of meat way too much! Therefore the best solution is to have sustainable farming where the animals are treated corrected and euthanized ethically, we are designed biologically to eat meat and plants not either or. We are mammals, mammals are hunter gathers, meaning we hunter and kill prey as well as gather fruit and vegetables. There is nothing ethically wrong about eating meat however the way we get our meat in our current society is disgraceful but being pretentious about your diet wont change anything apart from perhaps converting some less educated( in terms of nutrition) into vegans causing malnutrition.
Vegans won't let that happen, they won't be special and won't get bragging rights :emo:
bioenhanced human-eating predators will be there.

They get to eat meat but we don't?
To be fair, people probably will be, meat will eventually become unsustainable.
Reply 17
Agreed :smile: Either that or we will all die before it reaches that point
If I ever had to be a vegan of all godforsaken things

It'd be because I couldnt afford meat
I wouldn't mind being vegan :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest